The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

• 1 month later...

Sky have lost the rights to leeds owner who i think plans to make it online streaming only, cost him £18m, would be interested in the viewing figures if sky refused to pay that, the money must be in the camera footage if the disparity between that and the PL is so high

I imagine Sky just borrowed Spanish camerawork as rarely sent a commentator over. Coverage has gone to shit in recent seasons and Revista was practically killed off few seasons back. Dont even think they have Gerry Armstrong anymore 

It did give us 2 of the biggest chancers in football in Graeme Hunter an Guillem Balague and hopefully end of seeing both of them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I imagine Sky just borrowed Spanish camerawork as rarely sent a commentator over. Coverage has gone to shit in recent seasons and Revista was practically killed off few seasons back. Dont even think they have Gerry Armstrong anymore 

It did give us 2 of the biggest chancers in football in Graeme Hunter an Guillem Balague and hopefully end of seeing both of them

Both are journalists anyway so doing La Liga is only a tiny bit of their work nowadays.

It's a shame. Started watching it in the late 90s (first game I ever watched was Tenerife 2-3 Barca in March 1999) and was hooked. Sky coverage was better in those teams, showed more teams. Then Beckham signed and they started showing delayed Real Madrid games at expense of live games.

Problem Sky have now is they need to keep premier league football at all costs so having to drop good content like Tennis and La Liga.

In any case Bet 365 stream all La Liga games.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Both are journalists anyway so doing La Liga is only a tiny bit of their work nowadays.

It's a shame. Started watching it in the late 90s (first game I ever watched was Tenerife 2-3 Barca in March 1999) and was hooked. Sky coverage was better in those teams, showed more teams. Then Beckham signed and they started showing delayed Real Madrid games at expense of live games.

Problem Sky have now is they need to keep premier league football at all costs so having to drop good content like Tennis and La Liga.

In any case Bet 365 stream all La Liga games.

131.gif

• Like 4

It's had a great goal in it though (even if the finish was shinned...)!

Edit: Also weirdly underhyped as Barcelona can go unbeaten for the entire season.

Edited by bobzy

Been brilliant so far, incredibly quick pace to it. Would do a comparison with some sterile prem match ups but Bobzy will probably be on my case. ;)

Always surprises me people who refuse to watch this because of a bit of play acting.

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Been brilliant so far, incredibly quick pace to it. Would do a comparison with some sterile prem match ups but Bobzy will probably be on my case. ;)

Always surprises me people who refuse to watch this because of a bit of play acting.

...good timing for some El Pathetico from Marcelo which will probably ruin the game.

Just now, bobzy said:

...good timing for some El Pathetico from Marcelo which will probably ruin the game.

Yeah got pretty tetchy in last 5 minutes. Also started when Ramos and Suarez had a bust up....then Messi came and sycthed down Ramos in revenge. :lol: Bale should've got a red and then Roberto got suckered in by the atmosphere and lashed out.

Have no issue with a bit of tension like that as long as the football is good and it was for forty minutes.

I was commenting more on the play acting side which, potentially, has ruined yet another would-have-been-awesome game.  It was quality before that, as you say, and is particularly galling when Bale should've legitimately been sent off.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I was commenting more on the play acting side which, potentially, has ruined yet another would-have-been-awesome game.  It was quality before that, as you say, and is particularly galling when Bale should've legitimately been sent off.

He should be given a ten game for that.  Blatent cheating like that should be punished.

Nice to see the standard of refereeing in La Liga is as farcical as usual.

Always fun thou the few times per season when Barca or Real are on the receiving side of the shambolic ref's.

Â