The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Villareal (Los Submarinos Amarillos) presented Andres Iniesta with this rather brilliant gift at tonight's meeting.

villarreal-submarine.png

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Barca’s unbeaten league season coming to an end. 4-1 down at Levante after 50 minutes. No Messi to bring on either.

Emmanuel Boateng with a hat trick. Luna has an assist for Levante also.

The man is a legend and for me this will sound controversial but he was more vital than Messi to the great Barcelona squad and a joy to watch. In his prime he always turned up for the big games and the latter stages of tournaments

Another we will not see his like again. Spain midfield generation of Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Fabregas was one of the best ever that good Spanish players never got near the squad or restricted to handful of caps

• Like 1

They're putting on a great show for him at the Camp Nou.  Great to see and absolutely deserved.  The man is an absolute legend.

He's also everything that so many footballers aren't these days.  He's won everything, and been at the heart of it all.  Man of the match in Champions League, European Championship and World Cup finals, and he's so modest and humble.  An unbelievably gifted footballer and an absolute gentleman too.  I bloody love that man.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Another we will not see his like again. Spain midfield generation of Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Fabregas was one of the best ever that good Spanish players never got near the squad or restricted to handful of caps

You missed off alonso and busquets

Scary amount of talent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Iniesta's last Barça game ?

My favourite footballer.  Gutted I never got to actually watch him live.

Nor me, youth team player in the 1st game i saw and unused sub in the 2nd

1st game was xavi, figo, luis enrique, 2nd game was xavi, deco and edmilson so cant moan too much!

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You missed off alonso and busquets

Scary amount of talent 

yep Mata, Martinez and Cazorla they would have been a brilliant midfield for a lot of countries yet all have won a decent amount of caps never got near the big games because of competition

• Like 1

On 20/05/2018 at 21:48, Troglodyte said:

Iniesta's last Barça game ?

My favourite footballer.  Gutted I never got to actually watch him live.

I was lucky enough to get to Camp Nou whilst on my honeymoon a couple of weeks back to see Barca 5-1 Villarreal. Was great to watch.

Â