General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General,

I'm sure you'll agree that was a sensational performance by MON and the lads!!! A truly cracking effort by the younger members of the squad and a night they'll remember for a very long time!

Is there any chance the Official Site could make up a few wallpapers of the winning team celebrating with the trophy???

Cheers!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Followed the lads thru Goltv in the states here, The match threads were spot on in there credit of the younger members of the squad. Please pass on to MON and the boys what a pleasure it was to watch a team play with NO FEAR. Just flat out going out there and playing. Brilliant. Kudos to everyone @ AVFC

General

Could you please pass on to MON and the boys (old and young) a very big congratulations from us all! It may be a pre-season cup, but our boys went toe to toe with some of the best and upcoming players in the world over the last week and did themselves proud!

I think I will actually faint if we win a competitive trophy, that was excitement enough for me!

General Krulak here:

1. Just communicated with Randy...he flew all the way over to see the game. He is so very proud of the lads and how they played. We all know it was just a friendly but....we went thru some very good teams...ending up with Juve that put out a fine side. Tied at full time...tied at extra time...tied at penalty kicks...sudden death...Up the Villa!! A great win for the Club. The young lads played well and the regulars played well too. Lots of confidence can be built from a tournament like this. If you look at the teams involved, we played some quality sides. I am VERY proud of them!!!! The best medicine I could have. :flag::D:hooray:

Bugger the ladies shirts Gen, go and buy the academy staff all a pint or two! ;)

Congrats to everyone involved in putting us into a great confidence-boosting tournament that's done nothing but fill the optimism meters up that little bit more!

General, great you converse like this. There has been a lot of negative comments about the club recently, really do not understand why except we had a poor ending to the season. . Many of us have seen Villa in the old 3rd division and seen them battle through. I have loved the input from Sir Randy and your good self, breath of fresh air. Yes, we will sign players no doubt, but who can OR WHO WOULD WANT to try and compete with Man City and ruin their club. I have seen my club win the old 3rd Division, many a league cup, league and european cup and am now more than proud to say I am a Villa fan, Mr Lerner has been a godsend to this club, shame some dont realise. Ditto MON IMO, though some will disagree/

A great result for everyone tonight. Really lifts confidence and raises optimism around the club. Hopefully everyone is behind MON and the team, we all know we need players in, just have faith and trust the man to deliver the goods.

Now my question:

Will the club be doing anything before the game on Saturday to show off the peace cup, and allow us to congratulate all those involved?

WELL DONE EVERYONE! :notworthy: :clap::hooray:

General,

first time post in this thread so firstly thanks for all the time you put into this and other websites to answer the fans.

Just wanted to join every one else in passing on congratulations to everyone involved.

Great day for the villa and really nice to see the young lads performing against that kind of opposition.

General,

Fantastic result for the boys and what better endorsement for the club than to see so many of our academy system coming through and cutting it at first team level against quality opposition.

Regardless of the transfer situation, it must be gratifying to everyone involved in the club to know that sometimes you don't need to spend through the nose for talent, particularly when you've spent years developing it yourself...

go villa!

I'm sure you were proud of your compatriots Guzan and Lichaj tonight General - please convey to Young Brad how impressed we were with him :-)

Hi General,

I just wanna say that I am very proud of the way our team played last night. The boys were brilliant and Guzan was outstanding. Randy promotes a bright future and how can that be argued when you see such young players performing like that, against a seasonsed side such as Juve's too!

I watched a stream with American commentators and they were full of praise for our kids, even suggesting they were as good, if not better, than Arsenal's current crop! Gotta say that those commentators were funny and I thought how good it would be to have them commentate on some of our PL games. It would be better than listening to the very boring Alan Smith and some of his fellow commentators over here!

Two questions for you General.

1) As already requested, could we have some wallpaper downloads of the team celebrating with the cup please.

2) When we do win something "proper", will you please celebrate with the players on the pitch! I would love to see you running around Wembley Staidum with the Carling or FA Cup held high!

Gen hope your well, last night was great and eventhough it was only a pre-season trophy it gave me great pride to see so many young lads battling it out with world cup winners and deservedly coming out on top.

Now onto my question, I believe in the past that it was hinted that we took on Acorns in a sponsorship deal as Randy did not want to sell the club on the cheap, would he ever consider MBNA as a potential sponsor? Also if Martin's looking for a scout tell him I waiting in the wings. . .

Hey General,

It came into my head last night that you're obviously a highly decorated general, I'm sure there has been times when you've been involved in a situation where you had your own opinion's of the task at hand. (Might not have agreed with the higher decisions). How does this affect your performance and your ability to lead?

I'm just considering players such as Reo C playing out of position, when they believe they should be playing in another more preferred position.

Just saw on news about a guy being court marshalled for not wanting to go back to Afghanistan and I really feel for the guy, as he states they're destroying the country as apposed to helping it! I feel for the guy.

I'd also love to know you're opinion or even experience in this subject?

Great game last night, watched it on Goal TV, The match wasn't a great match but for a pre season friendly it was spectacular.

And nice to get some pen kicks on the go always creates excitement.

I am very pleased with last night result, I couldn't wind up my Italian friend at work (Juventus fan) as he is on holiday.

We have done an fanstatic job in youth development. Keep up the good work and Aston Villa will be every english parent's choice for their child to join in Aston Villa Academy as we done a great job with them.

I reckon when we find a new generation of Gordon Sidney Cowans in midfield we will be unstoppable.

General Krulak here:

1. I am already checking to see if we can have the Cup shown this Saturday.

2. Good idea on the wall paper...I will push it forward and see what happens.

3. Because of our former role with MBNA, I am not sure that we would seek them as a sponsor. We loved the Bank but don't want any sort of conflict of interest.

4. I don't think you would ever see Randy or myself out on the Pitch...even if we won the "big one." We believe that the lads, coaches and Manager deserve the spots light...not us.

General Krulak here:

4. I don't think you would ever see Randy or myself out on the Pitch...even if we won the "big one." We believe that the lads, coaches and Manager deserve the spots light...not us.

Hi General,

Whilst the fans here at Aston Villa, myself included, love the fact that our board is very modest and does not spend their time in the papers or on the news or at away games necking pints (:!:), the role that Randy and yourself play at this club is invaluable. You can guarantee if the boys do go on to winning anything this season, the chants of "USA! USA!" will be out in full force.

General Krulak here:

I think we'd all disagree with that!