General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

I'm thinking of having a bet with one of my mates for 100quid that I'll play for Villa before I'm 30.

Now, being 26, overweight, slow and extremely unfit, I realise this is unlikely to happen.

BUT, I'm sure you can pull some strings and get on the pitch for 30 seconds for 50/50 share of the winnings?

How do you like the sound of that? :D

Think about it, it's practically free money!

Cheers,

Trim

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following Leeds' statement, I think I speak on behalf of all Villa fans when I say that the professionalism you have brought to this club means so much, and we all feel pride at our club for the way we handle ourselves. Thank you.

I'll fourth it! Reading that statement from Leeds made me so proud, whatever happens in the next few years, for good and bad, I can only thank yourself and the rest of the board for doing so much good for our club.

Best board in the league? I think so.

General

I am also impressed with the professionalism, this has created a good working relationship with Leeds and resulting from our honourable conduct they have felt an obligation towards us and it has resulted in hopefully no other club coming in.

I know you may not be able to confirm or deny that the club is involved in other honourable transfer dealings which will bear fruition shortly but I personally have a feeling that this is the case

General,

I will echo the above statements and tell you that it makes me genuinely proud at what our club has become. We do things properly and if that means things taking longer than horrible clubs like Man City and Spurs then so be it. I know which camp I'd rather be in - and im in it!

UTV

I echo all of that above. My daughter is 2 years old and I am very excited about her learning that Daddy supports a club that is honourable and shares the same kind of values that I hold dear.

Up The Villa

General,

Just a quick one, do you have any news on Martin Laursen? Where is he? How is he? and will he ever get some sort of role at the club? Also, I think he should be walking in the centre circle some time this coming season so we can wish him well and thank him properly.

Also a MASSIVE thanks to Randy, yourself and the rest of the upstair camp for how this club is run, and when we do win the trophies we deserve Im sure every fan will not go nowhere until the USA boys are on the pitch celebrating too!

Cheers x

General,

Just a quick one, do you have any news on Martin Laursen? Where is he? How is he? and will he ever get some sort of role at the club? Also, I think he should be walking in the centre circle some time this coming season so we can wish him well and thank him properly.

Also a MASSIVE thanks to Randy, yourself and the rest of the upstair camp for how this club is run, and when we do win the trophies we deserve Im sure every fan will not go nowhere until the USA boys are on the pitch celebrating too!

Cheers x

General, how do you feel about people sending you a message with a kiss on then end? :lol:

Love Trim x x

PS - Keep up the good work, and I actually agree with the quoted post, can we change the Doug Ellis stand to the Martin Laursen stand?

Hi General!

I'd just like to echo the sentiments of the previous posts with regards to the Leeds Utd statement. I know us fans will sometimes moan about lack of transfers, especially at this time of year, but in all honesty I'd rather we be seen and acknowledged by the rest of the footballing world as a professional and honourable team, rather than going in with the flashy, bullish approach of some of our competitors, even if it does mean we have to bide our time a little more. It all comes good in the long run. We're starting to see this in the form of comments from opposing fans who state that they'd rather see their players come to us than any of the other top premier league teams. They acknowledge the fact that we'll look after and develop the young players properly, and that players joining Villa will progress their career under a brilliant manager, with a track record of developing bright prospects. It's great to see that the brand and perception of AVFC can still be more important than the ridiculous amounts of money involved in football nowadays.

From the professionalism of our dealings with players and other clubs to the restoration of our proud traditions and landmarks, not to mention the charity and community work, Mr Lerner and everyone involved in our transformation has created a truly brilliant brand for AVFC, one that I've never been prouder to support!

Everyone involved should be really proud of what they have achieved so far in such a short space of time! Here's to an even brighter future! :)

Up The Villa!

I'll fourth it! Reading that statement from Leeds made me so proud, whatever happens in the next few years, for good and bad, I can only thank yourself and the rest of the board for doing so much good for our club.

Add me to this. Our club oozes class, unlike a lot of others.

Yep. Very proud of the club lately. 8)

Yep. Very proud of the club lately. 8)

Have to agree. It great to see that with all that is wrong with Football and with the current financial climate, MON, RL and the board don't have to lower their standards and professionalism.

I guess RL and the General are from the old school that believes that a handshake is worth more than a signature on a contract.

Mark Hughes should take note, all your money can't buy you class.

:D

Hi General,

Just like to add my thoughts to those above about the level professionalism employed by AVFC, cant agree more with what other people have said, when I read the article on the OS it put a massive smile on my face & made me feel real proud! To be fair, if i'm honest, I was very pleased with the news of the imminent signing of young Fabian Delp but hearing from other people who are not AVFC related informing us of how our club conducts itself made me feel even more happier! Well done Gen to all concerned for instilling a level of class, professionalism & dignity throughout AVFC - something money can't buy!! :D

General Krulak here:

1. Thank you so much for all the kind comments but....they really belong to Martin and his folks. At the end of the day, it is Martin who meets with other Clubs and he conducts his business in a very professional manner. Some may be concerned about the timing of his efforts but the fact is, he does things in the right, professional, manner and that isn't always the quickest way. The Board tries to set the "environment" but the Villa Family has to make it all work.

2. We see about 20K at Fiorentina...so we still have plenty of tickets and we will have the Peace Cup there....should be a good time.

3. Martin Laursen is at home and is doing well.

Hi General,

Hope the recovery is still progressing well.

Just thought I'd come on and say how pleased I was with the Delph signing. I doubt you've seen him play, I only have twice, but I think he'll be an excellent signing and even a potential future captain of this great club.

Anyway, what pleased me almost as much as the signing was the statement from Leeds saying "Leeds United wishes to place on record our appreciation for the honourable manner in which Aston Villa have conducted their interest in the player". It's not often you hear something like that in football. The way people like Harry Redknapp try and conduct transfers cannot be described as anything approaching honourable so I'm glad we still do things the right way.

I'll be missing the Fiorentina and Wigan games as I'm taking a week's holiday to get away from the treatment which has been hitting me pretty hard this week, but hope to be down VP again soon after.

General Krulak here:

1. Paddy: Good to hear from you son...and we are praying for you. Again, we are ready to help you like before...just let me or Nicky know and we will make it happen. Keep fighting....you are tougher than it is!! As for me, I still have a way to go but am doing better.