General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General I've no idea if our pitch is big enough for Rugby to be played on, but just noticed that England will be hosting the 2015 Rugby World Cup, yet the only stadium to be used in the Midlands is The Ricoh Arena which only holds 32000. Were Villa not part or considered for any part of this bid?

Having an understanding of how Randy and co think now I wouid say this;

I'm pretty sure that's the worst thing we could do to villa park, that's why we would not want such an event like that at villa park.

We are a football club not a rugby club

Guest Ricardomeister

General, would you agree that everybody has the right to voice their opinion on here, whether or not you agree with them, without others posting ignorant and abusive posts about them.

I have been posting on another forum with Geoff for a few years now, and although I don't necessarily agree with him on everything I think his views should be treated with respect and the one thing you can never doubt is his passion for Aston Villa FC.

General Krulak here:

1. Ricardomeister: I have ALWAYS said that I expect the "good, bad and ugly" on this thread. I understand that there are some very emotional issues out there and I have no problem seeing them on this site. I have ALWAYS stated that the ONLY thing I ask is that Fans treat each other and the Club with respect. You can disagree with someone but do it professionally. Likewise, you may not like a player but disrespecting them is wrong.

2. With my FAN hat on, I would say the following: The first thing I would want to know is how many of our youth are ready to move up and play in the Premiership. If the number is, say, 3 or 4, then that will make a difference on how I attack the Transfer Window. Secondly, I would look at how many players I feel have displayed that they are not ready to play for AVFC...for any number of reasons...and whether these might be sold. Finally, I would look at the "adds and subtracts" and only then make a decision as to what is "required." Since I have none of these, quoting you a number is really not worthwhile. This should be the same sort of "arithmatic" that all Fans should be going thru...who do you think can fleet up..who do you think can go...etc. etc. Again, this is with my FAN hat on....I reiterate that I don't do transfers. I trust in Martin to do his job. Martin was quite clear in his media article today re. what he expects to do in the window.

Hi General,

Surely if Randy offered you the position of Director of Football at the club, you'd jump at the chance? It's like the easiest job in the world. Get a blank chequebook from Randy, buy a copy of Football Manager 2009, make a list of players and go get 'em. ;)

In all seriousness though, we are all going to be looking at MON very closely in the next month. As fans, we have our own expectations on what we want out of the transfer window (as you can see by my signature), but ultimately we have to see what MON does. I don't doubt we'll get players in, and I'm hoping come September 1st I can come back to this thread and tell you what a good job MON has done. Hope the month goes smoothly for you.

Hi General. I'm usually a Villa optimist but I found this newspaper quote from MON a bit depressing. He was talking about Manchester City and tipping them as contenders to win the league:

“The frustration has come from the type of player they have been able to attract,” he said. “You are looking at trying to get value for money, but Manchester City are putting it beyond an awful lot of teams.

“You think, well, you got quite close last year and suddenly another club has just stepped over you immediately before you can go on. It kind of punctures you."

Some people are saying this is just mind games but I think it sends quite a negative message to the players and the fans. It sounds a bit as if he's thrown in the towel.

Is that how the Villa Board see this generally? "A bit punctured"?

General with the new increased price of £4.00 into the Holte Suite for season ticket holders can you confirm whether there will also be a 'without programme' price please?

I only ask as when I go with my 9 year old boy we do not need 2 programmes between us and £8.00 for entry to a pub seems a bit unfair?

hi general,

Not slating villa or anything but just wondering as season ticket prices rising, especially in this economic downfall, I thought this was becasue we were investing alot of money into players.

That obviously isn't the case so can you explain why villa increased season ticket prices?

gen why dont we have our own tv channel on sky like man u chelsea arsenal liverpool do

as we could show live matches old matches interveiws just like the others do

what do you think gen this would be a good idea

Hi General,

For the first time since you've come to our club I feel deflated. Please give me some good news...please.

Good news is that your not in Afghanistan.

Not slating villa or anything but just wondering as season ticket prices rising, especially in this economic downfall, I thought this was becasue we were investing alot of money into players.

That obviously isn't the case so can you explain why villa increased season ticket prices?

Read the Generals post below.

General Krulak here:

I think that is understood by all. At the same time, there are things going on that none of us know about that will remedy the situation. We just need to trust in MON.

General Krulak here:

1. briny_ear: The Board is NOT punctured.

2. carew villa: First off, we didn't raise ticket prices across the board. In fact, for those who purchased early, ST prices were held the same as last year PLUS the opportunity to pay in installments. Secondly, who says we aren't spending money on players? Do you know something that I don't know...or that MON doesn't know or that Randy doesn't know? If so, please let us in on the scoop.

3. omargy and others: Something to feel good about...feeling "deflated." I continue to be somewhat chagrined by the attitude of some. We are in the semis of the Peace Cup after a very strong comeback against a good team. We have seen some of our young players really step up and play solid football. We have signed a solid player and we have more action to come. Villa Park continues to get a face lift and it is rapidly becoming one of the best stadiums in the UK. We have a Manager who has consistently moved the Club up the tables. We have a caring owner. I don't feel deflated!!

Like any retail therapy, people will only feel happy when they see money being spent.

Fortunately, most people know that Randy has backed MON with huge amounts of money since his arrival and will (hopefully) continue to do so.

I for one am far from deflated - that tingling anticipation of a new season has kicked in since the Peace Cup started, I'll be watching the guys (streamed) tonight, and some big signings for this coming season are right around the corner.

Where's the excitement gone?! It's a game of football, surely we're all in it for the enjoyment, not to depress ourselves!! ;)

General ,

Good article in the mail and reassuring ! Now what is your view on another banner ' Semper Fidelis ' was put off last season but I am prepared to fund it . What are your thoughts ?

Thank you