General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General ,

Managed to get a preview of the Holte suite yesterday and had a chat with Alison Plant got to say it looks fantastic and can really see this taking off once people can appreciate the facility . Seems there is a bit of concern over the pricing issue and whilst I personally don't think it's a problem price wise seeing people taking families in there then its going to be pricey . Think people should be aware from my conversations that the door staff are approachable and will be sensible about the entrance costs for children .

The Sky lounge by the way fantastic love it even got used to the height of the balcony watching the game . Some nice touches in the 82 lounge aswell loved the tribute plaque to Tony Barton . All in all think the improvements and refurbishments are first class .

Regards MM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, is it not about time something was done about that man Redknapp consistently talking about other teams players and conducting business through his sychphantic mates in the London Press? Yet again he is talking about a Villa player he would like but is not available - I thought that this constituted 'tapping-up'

Quote:

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp admits he would welcome Ashley Young in his squad but expects Aston Villa to keep the England winger at Villa Park.

Redknapp has been linked with the 24-year-old as a solution to Spur's problems on the left flank.

He said: "Everybody would like to have him but I don't think there is a chance we would get him. He's fantastic and Aston Villa do not want to sell him."

Agree with the sentiment, General.

I know that you've inferred before that things have been raised behind the scenes, but, with all due respect, this 'aint changed a thing.

General I have to echo the comments on here about the manager of Tottenham Hotspurs. Can you confirm what the club policy is on such matters please and also the process that has to be follwed should the club feel there is grounds for complaint

General,

Following the news that the wonderful Villa Park is pulling out from the 2012 olympics for football, can you confirm when the work and where the work is taking place? I'm guessing it will be the summer of 2012 if that was the case, or the 2011/12 season if it was a big job. Can you spill the beans though?!

Cheers,

Tom

Gen

Re: the Olympics, I am a bit confused.

Personally, I am not that bothered about it, I don't think football should be in there anyway. The Olympics should be the pinnacle of "that" sport - like athletics - football has the World Cup, and the Euro's.

However, from the outside, iit is confusing as to who has pulled out - was it us as we have other plans, or was it the Olympic commitee as we couldn't guarentee our ground will be ready / big enough.

It was thought, by us mere mortals, that we would get funding to re-do the stadium, so my question is basically would we have ? , and if so, why haven't we taken the opportunity to re-do the ground with someone elses money ?.

On the other side though, it is good that we are going to re-develop, if that is what is happening - and hopefully that means the end of that concrete embarrassment !. By the way, if we do re-do one or two of the stands, then I think the fans should have a chance to name / rename (get the hint ?) them.

Up the Villa

Paul

EDIT

By the way, did you know that as far as I know, the official name of the ground is "The Lower Grounds" - someone may correct me, but I don't actually think it was officially renamed.

Hi General, I am a ex-pat Villa fan living in the beautiful alpen town of Kitzbuhel Austria, I was delighted when we drew Rapid Vienna in the EL as it is only a 4 hour train journey to the capital. I would love the chance to go and cheer the boys on so my question is this. Is there a way to purchase a ticket for the Villa end from the AVFC ticket office from out here, I don't have a season ticket and appreciate there will be limited tickets ( and i would hate to deny a regular fan the opportunity) ? Would be gutted to miss the chance of seeing the boys in a country i have lived in for the last 8 years. Any info would be greatly received. Thought it was worth the question !

Thankyou for everything yourself and Randy have done for our magnificent club .. UTV

Regards

AustrianVilla

General,

Visited the new Holte suite before saturdays game and may i say well done. I like the way the fit and finish seems to replecate the Holte pub.

I cant wait for further plans to be announced , thanks to all.

As an aside i could not help thinking as i sat couped up in the upper North stand , why did the club not just make it £10 and £5 everywhere in the ground ?

Thanks.

Geneeral Krulak here:

1. stevenjos: "We don't have a squad." I guess I must have missed something. We did win the Peace Cup against some fair competition. We did win the game last weekend. Someone must have played in those games. Has the window closed? I didn't think it had...are you telling me that it is closed? I also haven't seen a whole bunch of other Clubs (except for one) being hugely active in the window at this point in time. Let's just see what happens before we throw in the towel. I know you are frustrated but I would say we are strengthening the squad and we do have some young lads who look like they are very close to being ready to play.

2. austrianvilla: Any questions you have re. tickets can be answered by Nicky Keye at Villa ticketing...give heer a call thru the Villa operator or shoot her an e-mail.

3. paulanddonya: We were not in position to guarantee that our stadium would be "whole" at the time of the Olympics. We have plans that would/could interfere with having a "full-up" stadium and didn't want to risk our plans for those games. The Olympic Committee were not offering any help re. fitting out the stadium. We can look forward to World Cup.

4. Spurs Manager: My feeling is we should just attend to our own business...no need to get exercised about what others are saying.

General thanks for giving an answer on the Tottenham manager. I just think when comments run the risk / threat of impacting on our own business then we have to take a stance. I guess the call on whether they do impact on us or not is Martin's but I wanted to know the process around that and how in practice the club would register a complaint if they saw fit and on what basis that judgement is made

Never mind Candle Wax face, General - what about the more important question of £3 for a small bottle of El Cid?

Outrageous. Whoever thought that one up needs a good kick up the arse

Hello general,

I was wondering if theres any plans to have more acorns collection boxes in side VP. I was thinking of something like big bins, placed by the food kiosks so fans can throw their spare change in, if they want to. I know there are collectors outside and inside vp at games, i just thought it would be easier and might make some more money for our charity. Thanks for your time. jb

Evening General

Just like to share a couple of thoughts prior to the BIG day on Saturday, thankfully this summer (well 3 sunny days at best) has flown by!

Squad - Can see improvements in quality. Quantity is where we fell down last season so before the shop closes lets rectify that please :D

Stadium - As ever you guys continue to improve our surroundings, a truly admirable effort, looking good :notworthy:

Tickets - Hopefully we can nudge towards full houses, but given the economic climate I doubt it unless we charge upwards for the champions league spots and the glories come out of the woodwork! :flag:

Strip - Love the away shirt, I asked for white, so I have no excuses and will get one as soon as the transfer dealing is done, so I can then decide between Sneijder, Pato and Ribery :winkold:

Atmosphere - Fans generally seem on a downer, baying for signs of perceived vast improvements. The frenzy for information on here is amazing, as highlighted by the record log in figure which was broken on the strength of the Delph rumours a couple of days before he even signed :?

The following is there General, they just need some strong leadership - Keep up the good work :thumb:

Oh ps - if you could ask Martin to log in every night and explain all developments that would really help, thanks :wink:

General,

Just a quick word about the Official Website. When you click first team squad there is no mention of Downing, Delph or Beye.

I hope the lads can do us proud on Saturday, a win is imperative as home form will be crucial.

On the subject of the official site, In previous years when away game details were announced under ticket news, it also had details of official club away travel. It would have bus price, departure times etc.

This hasnt been on it for the Liverpool game this season, why not???

Gents/Ladies,

Apologies in advance for this rather long post.

General,

I recently posted the below:

General I've just read about Randys' seven day trip to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq meeting the troops. My admiration for the man is boundless.

General,

Firstly the quote above is seconded by many in this thread and as a serving soldier myself, it fills me with great gratitude that Mr Lerner has taken time out to visit 'our' troops.

This brings me on to my second point, and I apologize if it sounds like begging...

As I have already mentioned, I am a serving soldier myself, having done 2 six month tours of Afghanistan and 1 in Iraq.

A lot of big companies offer discounts and concessions to Armed Forces personnel, many of these are listed in the Armed Forces Discount Brochure, I know speaking to some of our american soldiers that they are very well looked after in the sporting market in the USA regarding discounts.

I get to as many Villa matches as feasibly possible and when it doesn't conflict with my duties. Do you know if the club will be offering any discounts on ticket prices/merchandise etc etc?

Finally, I am currently heavily involved with arranging a charity football auction in aid of Help for Heroes. I wrote to ALL clubs within the football league kindly requesting club memorabilia (signed items/shirts/balls/pennants etc) which would be auctioned with all proceeds being split between Help for Heroes and the Army Benevolent Fund. I was very disappointed that my own club, whom I have supported for the past 37 years, through thick and thin, were not willing to offer anything and didn't even reply to my letter, whilst 75% of other clubs did.

I hope you are fully recovered and look forward to hearing your thoughts on my points above.

The answer you gave to me is as quoted below:

1. villaboyjay: I think you will discover that we do have a great program for the young...and it is currently being revamped to make it even better. Call Nicky Keye at the ticket office and she will give you all the particulars of the new program. It is really special. Additonally, thank you for your service in the Forces...I hope you know how much your sacrifice is admired by all of us at Villa. In asnwer to your question, members of the Forces DO get a discount...again, contact Nicky Keye and she will sort it for you. Finally, please contact Lee Preece at Villa Park re. the charity...he will definitely sort it. Both Randy and I are very eager to ensure that those who sacrifice on the front lines are taken care of when they get home. Lee can be contacted by going thru the Villa operator. Use my name when talking to lee.

Out of courtesy, I actually wrote to Lee personally, however, much to my disappointment, I received the following response from Duncan Riddle (Head of community)

Thankyou for your enquiry requesting assistance with fundraising,

Aston Villa is fully commited to its community work and will directly support a number of charities based in the Central Birmingham region. This will cover a wide range of causes, including healthcare/associated illnesses, the elderly, hospital and social care. We will donate items directly to these charities.

We appreciate that many other individuals, charities, organisations, schools and various community projects are also working to help raise funds for causes close to their hearts and we hope that by changing our policies this will guarantee our support to these organisations.

We will continue to support our nominated Charity Partner - The Acorns children's Hospice Trust. Aston Villa FC has a fundraising programme in place and all of our fundraising activities benefit the terminally-ill children under the care of the Acorns Trust.

We wish you every success with your campaign and your fundraising activities.

Yours truly,

Duncan Riddle'

Although I massively applaude Aston Villa FC on their charitable donations to local community projects, escpecially those so close to our hearts within Birmingham. I am very dissapointed that, especially after your comments pointing me in the direction of Lee Preece, requesting an item that could be used to auction for Help for Heroes, I have once again been declined by 'our' club.

Having supported Aston Villa FC, since my first match in 1979, through thick and thin, hard times and good times, investing money into the club, re-arranging Brithdays, weddings, Christenings et all around the clubs fixtures, so that I can go and offer them my support, sometimes having to work extra to make ends meet to afford to go. I find it even more so frustrating that I am just sent a 'generic' letter of declination.

In a month that has seen the unit that I serve with, lose 3 of it's soldiers, killed in action in Afghanistan, and a number injured. (All 3 from the Midlands, incidentally)

I have recieved items from a number of other Premiership clubs to assist with my charity auction without hesitation, no doubt they all have nominated charities already, but they were willing to assist, when my own club couldn't/wouldn't.

Sorry for the rant and sorry to regular posters who have had to read through this post of frustration. Without our soldiers being out in Afghanistan and putting their lives on the line to counter act terrorism, the world would be a worse off place.

VillaBoyJay,

Im 100% behind you on this. Our soldiers put themselves at risk for the safety that we can all sit within a football ground without the risk of being blown to little peices. These boys are heroes in the true sense of that, and ask nothing back other than to be treated with dignity.

We ALL who them big time.

General,

The right wing group responsible for the public disturbance in central Birmingham last weekend are using our club's crest as part of their efforts to recruit more members.

click here to view

I would assume that this is without the knowledge of the club and would hope that we will take steps to remove it as soon as is possible.