General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General,

The right wing group responsible for the public disturbance in central Birmingham last weekend are using our club's crest as part of their efforts to recruit more members.

click here to view

I would assume that this is without the knowledge of the club and would hope that we will take steps to remove it as soon as is possible.

I came in to post the same thing.

Far right hooligan elements should not be allowed to use the Aston Villa crest as a tool to recruit more members.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General I raised this last year but don't think you ever found out the issue.

I just got an email from the club saying that the new jersey was available and I thought yea I'll treat myself and support the club and buy the new jersey. I clicked in and saw that it was from £45 and thought "thats not bad" then I selected Euro pricing and it said €67 !!!!!!

At todays exchange rate £45 is €52.20 how can the club explain the extra €14.80?

General,

The right wing group responsible for the public disturbance in central Birmingham last weekend are using our club's crest as part of their efforts to recruit more members.

click here to view

I would assume that this is without the knowledge of the club and would hope that we will take steps to remove it as soon as is possible.

I came in to post the same thing.

Far right hooligan elements should not be allowed to use the Aston Villa crest as a tool to recruit more members.

May I say that I echo what has been said and that I believe and expect the club to act on this matter so that we are not seen to have any connections with groups such as this.

General

I've noticed that the pavers outside the Trinity entrance haven't been updated for a while. I don't mean the fans pavers, I mean the 'famous' ones. Surely by now there should be ones of the players that passed away last year, plus the obvious one of Joseph Murphy. I appreciate these things take time but wondered if there are plans to add to the 'celebrity' section?

This is the first time I've posted to you, so I wanted to say a very big THANK YOU for all your work (and Randy of course!) and hope your continuing recovery from illness soon brings you home to Villa Park.

UTV! :notworthy:

Hi General,

Are there any plans to provide an official Aston Villa 'app' for the iPhone or the possibility of having a mobile enabled website? (e.g. bbc.co.uk/mobile)

When are you next heading back home to Villa Park?

Cheers General, keep up the fantastic work.

Chris

General I raised this last year but don't think you ever found out the issue.

I just got an email from the club saying that the new jersey was available and I thought yea I'll treat myself and support the club and buy the new jersey. I clicked in and saw that it was from £45 and thought "thats not bad" then I selected Euro pricing and it said €67 !!!!!!

At todays exchange rate £45 is €52.20 how can the club explain the extra €14.80?

Yes irish one it was me who raised this issue last yr, and after been referred to john greenfield by the general, I deceided not to purchase anything off the official villa website and informed all my villa friends here not too also. This is a con on european comsumers that has no explanation at all, only to increase (no sorry maintain) additional revenue which it recieves from overseas customers. I believe the marketing dept see this as ok, because all the other PL clubs are doing it too.

It is so so easy to fix but the club are unwilling to play ball. All they have to do is remove the option of paying in euro's and all customers will pay stg rates and then get charged the current exchance rates and save the €14.50. The € icon is not needed and should be replaced with a "place rip me off" button.

General,

I have been trying to but some stuff from the online shop for several days now. But it shop will not accept my Mastercard. It tells me to contact my card provider. I have spoken to them and they say the card is fine and the it is rejected because I have to use a secure code. Problem is the web site never ask for it! I have even tried to phone the shop and buy the goods that way - but I got the same problem!

It is annoying for me, but if I am not the only one with this problem then it is not good for the club as well. Please observe that I am doing this from outside UK - if that has any relevance.

Br.

David

General Krulak here:

1. Irishcockney: Thank you for the good summary of what we have been trying to do. I agree with the points you made...especially about squad improvement. We are getting some of our injured back, we have seen some of the young lads gain valuable experience, we have seen new players come into the Club and the transfer window is not over, etc. etc.

2. villajayboy: I meant for you to call Lee Preece, not write him. Call Lee, tell him I asked for you to call, and explain the situation. He will sort it for you. Writing is good but the phone call is best when it is something like this, Simply put, we get hundreds of requests and connot meet them all but...a phone call and saying I asked for you to call will normally result in success. :Lee will contact me.

3. irish1: That does sound strange...I am with you 100%. Let me look into it. Is there a reason why you would not pay in British sterling and let the "office" make the right conversion?

4. david copenhagen: I am not sure if the issue lies with your card or the shop. If a code is needed and your card doesn't provide it or you don't, I am not sure what to do. Have you called John Greenfield at the Villa store and asked him about the issue?

I think Martin O'Neill's transfer window dealings are very very unprofesional and are hurting the progress of this club.

Its not a question, so i dont think its against the rules, but i think losing our most influential defender and not replacing him by the start of the season is one thing, but selling our back up as well so we have to play someone with an injury. Then Barry going and replacing him with a 19 year old league 1 player. God im upset. This isn't good enough. Being comprehensively out played by Wigan is not good enough. Martin O'Neill isn't good enough.

General would you agree that todays performance against an average Wigan side was complete Shite? And goes to show we are nowhere near good enough to progress with the current squad after not replacing Laursen/Barry?

Guys....Hounding the General aint gonna change anything. Its pointless moaning to him about todays result. We have just gotta get on with it.

Guys....Hounding the General aint gonna change anything. Its pointless moaning to him about todays result. We have just gotta get on with it.

I know, i just felt i had to moan at someone.

Firstly, let me start by thanking you and the rest of the Board for the progress made in the previous 3 seasons. However, this is the first season since you've been here that I think the club has gone backwards.

The squad remains very light in numbers and we seem either incapable or don't want to address this key issue. Our main defender and main midfielder have not been replaced. We continue to show a lack of ambition in the transfer market and you have to question our scouting network outside the UK.

A quick look at the attendance today and the previous friendly reflects the fans mood as to how we have done since the end of February when we have won about 2 league games in that period.

It will be interesting to see how the Board deal with what could soon become their first real crisis...