General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

We the Mods have taken the step of retiring the old thread as at 500+ pages is was becoming too difficult to moderate properly so with a reminder of his opening post can you please post questions and comments in here.

For those interested Part 1 - for which all questions were I believe answered can be found in the VT Hall of Fame HERE

Cheers!!

I am General Krulak and am one of the new Directors of Aston Villa Football Club. I have spent the past week trying to get onto this site and have finally succeeded. I can assure each of you that I have NOT purposely avoided this site and have been helped tremendously by John Cresswell who had to bear the burden of a Yank trying to follow his instructions on how to log in. Sorry John!

Let me start by telling you how happy Randy, the other Directors and I am about being part of the Villa Family! Yes, we are "part" of the family...not the most important part...just a part. The history, traditions and ethos of this magnificent Institution are very precious to us...just as they are to you. You all have stuck with Villa through thick and thin and we are new to Villa Park...BUT, believe me, we want what you want and will work very hard to achieve that goal.

We are blessed with a superb Manager who has everyone's total support. He is a great football mind, a great tactician, and a great teacher...but most important, he is a great Leader! He knows how to motivate the team and get the best from them...and when he needs to make adjustments, he does it with skill.

I am on this Site because, like Randy, I truly care about what fans say and feel. We want to do right...we are not interested in screwing it up. At the same time, we realize we can't perform miracles...we can't change things overnight. What we ask is that everyone join us in supporting the team...and keep the spirit up. The coaches to Chelsea are a great opportunity to do just that. Come on down and lets drown out the Chelsea fans.

Finally, we have no egos...we don't believe we have all the answers. What we do know is that we care...and that we are part of something very special.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Sir

Hope you are keeping well after your recent troubles.

A few of us have been over on a Browns fans chat site, playing a little havoc with them, in a nice way! But it was interesting to see their perceptions of Randy et al are somewhat different to ours.

We obviously aren't comparing eggs with eggs here, for a start off NFL is a short season with player wage restrictions etc, but boy could they do with a Martin O'Neill right now by the sound of it.

Do you yourself get involved with the Browns franchise? Or are we the chosen few? If yes, do you chat with them as well?

Welcome back General, it's going to be an exciting new year. Villa flying high, the Browns with Eric Mangini and possibly George Kokinis in charge, and Barack Obama in the white house. There may well be a recession but it's in times of hardship that you see the British people at their best. I would like to wish you and Randy, Mon and the team a very happy and successful 2009.

UP THE VILLA!!!!

Welcome back General.

I've just read about the Thomas Cook official travel partnership, there's a few things i'd like to know if at all possible mainly due to the fact that relatives of mine are big Glasgow Celtic supporters and i know through them that there is a big opposition to Thomas Cooks handling of the away tickets for European games, due to the way tickets sold and the prices of the packages so much so that there is a sizeable supporters group set up who want the old system of european ticket allocation back.

Will tickets be sold to anyone with a season ticket without giving priority to those who travelled abroad supporting the club?

Will all our Euro away allocation be sold through TC,meaning that fans will have to take their packages rather than travelling independently?

Sorry to refer to Celtic again but will we be looking at the same prices their fans pay ie £250-300 for a daytrip?

Will none season ticket holders be able to purchase euro away tickets?

cheers in advance.

Welcome back general, it's usually around this time of year that I do my rather extensive report on my annual trip to VP, last years report is here for anyone interested due to a mad dash to and from the Arsenal game from the airport (I don't recommend flying an hour either side of kick-off/final whistle) I really only got to see the game and not much else but there were a couple of things I noticed:

1. The place really does look fantastic, clean and just generally very well maintained.

2. A thank you to the ticket office folks, there were a number of us visiting from New York and unfortunetly the match tickets did not arrive before we left but replacement tickets were printed and left in seperate envelopes for collection at the main ticket office where we were very well accomidated despite the large crowd in there.

3. Much to my surprise there was no transit to the ground from the airport, being Boxing Day all the trains were off so we had to rely on lifts and taxi's to the ground. There was at least 40 Villa fans travelling to the match on two seperate flights from Dublin that would have made a coach worthwhile not to mention probably a load more arriving from other areas. Perhaps the suggestion of an airport service could be raised should you talk to any coach operators that serve Villa Park.

4. We were seated in L9 and there was a couple of drunk young lads right in the middle acting up, thought the stewards handled them in a firm but fair manner without being confrontational and the boys settled down, good security job.

5. Can't wait for my next visit.

Hey general,

Not sure whether this has been mentioned but I wonder if we could ever hold a match against Juan Pablo Angel's team like a first game of pre season or something if MON would be interested because as shown by one of the polls on this message board he was a bit of a hero (over 70%) and unfortunately we never got to give him a proper send off so would be really nice if he could appreciate what we thought of him before he retired in a few years time.

Cheers

Nick

Welcome back General. No question from me, I just hope that you are fit and well and your family have stayed strong following the recent loss of your Father. Here's to the Villa rewarding 'The Brute' in 2009.

Up the Villa

Jon

Hi General,

Hope you are well.

I know this is nothing to do with Villa, but we ended up missing today's match because for no apparent reason our train was cancelled without notice. Would Villa look into running a coach from the Cannock area, because this isn't the first time the train has been late/cancelled?

Thanks

general could you get the ppl who run the official site to fix the results for FH Hafnarfjordur away game says we lost 4-1 :) am sure we won :P

and maybe me and a few more are getting to excited about our form atm, BUt we are starting to believe we could maybe win the prem,what are your thoughts on this ?

General, happy new year, and i would also like to offer my condolences on the death of 'The Brute'...

I moved to Sydney over 2 years ago from Ireland. My question is regarding are marketing in Oz??

As the Australian leauge (tHe A-League) gets stronger and stronger each year (although would still be equivalent to league 1 in England)and 'soccer' is still growing each year, in fact, soccer was the most popular sport selected by kids in school this year ahead of the usual cricket and rugby league....

anyway im kinda rambling here so i'll get to the point... i think we shoud increase our marketing in oz as the pemier league is huge over here and with us attempting to break the big 4we are makin a lot of fans/well wishes... so i think we should increase our marketing in oz...

also if u know of any good australian villa fans clubs, i'd love to get in touch with them!!

General Krulak Sir,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I am new to this site but have been following Villa since Mr. Lerner became involved. I had the privilege of hearing you speak at Camp Hansen Okinawa Japan in 1989. You were on a visit there and I was a member of your former unit Lima Company 3/3. I remember one of my NCOs telling us that you would one day be Commandant of the Marine Corps. How right he was. I just wish you were my Commandant, the changes you initiated and the gear you introduced was and is light years ahead of anything we had. I was surprised to find that you had joined Randy as part of the Villa team, as a fan seeking a team to follow in this league, knowing that you are part of this organization makes the choice easy. The only request I have is that you assist Mr. Lerner with the Browns as well. As a Marine I would never surrender, but my gosh the Browns make it easy to charge the machine gun nest. At least I have the Villans to root for.

God Speed

and Semper Fidelis

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Fortune Favors the Bold!

Hi General,

Hope you are well.

I know this is nothing to do with Villa, but we ended up missing today's match because for no apparent reason our train was cancelled without notice. Would Villa look into running a coach from the Cannock area, because this isn't the first time the train has been late/cancelled?

Thanks

Hi General

I have a season ticket and had to miss the match because the train was cancelled (again)I would definately use an AV bus.

Hi General

My condolences for your loss.

It seems a few of us missed the Albion game for reasons out of our hands. My dad and I couldn't make the game due to it being re-scheduled i believe for the saturday and being made a 12.45 k.o (we were on our way back from a ski trip). I guess there's nothing you can do about fixture times as i'm pretty sure it's the FA's decision that goes on these sort of matters but it would just be nice to know why the game was held at 12.45 and not the usual 3pm k.o?

On a side note, my dad and i ventured up to the doors of the Holte Pub for our last home game (it looks magnificent after its renovation by the way - thanks!), only to be told it was on an invite only basis. We've held season tickets now for two and a half seasons including the current one, so it would be great if you could get our names on the required guest list for a game in the near future. Is that possible please? We sit in the Holte, Block L3 row PP seats 68 and 69.

Keep up the great work you and Randy's team are doing. As others have said, this is a proud time to be a Villa Fan.

Hi General

My condolences for your loss.

It seems a few of us missed the Albion game for reasons out of our hands. My dad and I couldn't make the game due to it being re-scheduled i believe for the saturday and being made a 12.45 k.o (we were on our way back from a ski trip). I guess there's nothing you can do about fixture times as i'm pretty sure it's the FA's decision that goes on these sort of matters but it would just be nice to know why the game was held at 12.45 and not the usual 3pm k.o?

On a side note, my dad and i ventured up to the doors of the Holte Pub for our last home game (it looks magnificent after its renovation by the way - thanks!), only to be told it was on an invite only basis. We've held season tickets now for two and a half seasons including the current one, so it would be great if you could get our names on the required guest list for a game in the near future. Is that possible please? We sit in the Holte, Block L3 row PP seats 68 and 69.

Keep up the great work you and Randy's team are doing. As others have said, this is a proud time to be a Villa Fan.

Its done on a lottery system mate and there are loads including me waiting.