General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General

I genuinely hope the tests go well for you and you get the all clear to come to wembley.

If it is the doctors that are not letting you fly then let us have their names. I hear Jack Bauer is not doing much at the moment- one call to CTU and those doctors are "dead men walking".

Seriously - all the best General, get back on the site soon because the excitement will be building ahead of the 28th and this thread is my favourite lunch time read.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General, thanks once again to you Randy, Martin and all the other staff at VP for turning us into a team and club that can compete at the highest level on and off the pitch.

I am shocked and embarrassed at some of the abuse you've received in this thread recently. The majority seems to be from the LUCKY few guaranteed to be at the final.

All the best with the tests and hopefully the boys will be bringing some silverware back to B6 :hooray:

Best of luck with the tests General. Just reading through the last few pages of this thread, I am ashamed for the unreasonable abuse you have received from a small group of persistent posters. Bet you now admire the British talent for whingeing to eternity.

Please come back when you are over it! We aren't all moaners and most fans really appreciate what you are doing for the club..

Hi General K.

I cannot for a second understand why all these folk are kicking off at you for something entirely out of your control - unfortunately, I would suggest that this is probably why Chief Exec's have never done what you're doing before, can you imagine the level of abuse you would receive if we were struggling?!?

I queued for an entire day on the online ticket office and did not manage to get one in the end, you don't see me believing that I have a right to come on here and kick off on a guy that goes out of his way to make you feel as though you're actually a part of the club.

Truly disgusted to be associated with the same club as some of the posters on the previous pages.

Keep up the sterling work and good luck with any and all tests.

With a finite amount of tickets, and where demand outstrips supply, there's never going to be a way of distributing tickets that is fair to everybody. People need to realise that, and move on.

General,

For months now I've been trying to get hold of a pair of tickets for an event where demand far outstrips supply, but with no joy. Now I hear that Michael Jackson is actually dead and the tour is cancelled and no tickets will be issued. I hold you personally responsible for this outrage and demand to know, immediatley, what you intend to do about it.

Hope the tests went well BTW.

Thankyou General. A friend of mine was ranting in the pub about not being able to get tickets to Wembley. After I politely pointed out to him that he hasn't been to 2 games for about 5 years and is often even out shopping with his girlfriend when Villa are playing, I then informed him of your responses in this thread and that you were looking into things and he seemed happy enough to stop ranting and bitching for 5 minutes.

General, I am too appalled and utterly stunned at the behaviour of some people on here. Living on the other side of the world and never having been fortunate enough to attend ANY Villa game, it pains me to hear people teeing off on you about it.

One day, I will get to see the Villa live. People need perspective.

Best wishes for your tests and ultimate recovery General. I am truly thankful for your time, and the direction of the club under Randy.

BJ, Brisbane, Australia.

Can we please all stop cluttering up The General's thread with tickets stuff now. It has been done to death and The General has made his point often enough that the club appreciate the difficulties some had and some perceived only. The club will be taking on board the comments from here, other websites and I'm sure at the next Supporters Consultation Group (whenever that may be).

As you are all aware General Krulak will be off the site for a couple more days and I think it would be good if he didn't have to trawl a couple of pages simply say - it was great for me / I had problems.....

Thanks

MODS

It's kinda ticket related but something I think a lot of non-brum based fans might wonder -

with the palace game, tickets go on sale to booking history on the Friday before the game, now for us people not living in the midlands how do we collect the tickets?

General,

You have obviously heard enough about tickets but, nevertheless, I wish to register my disappointment that the club sees fit to allocate 5 final tickets each to youth team players.

I have no problem with the fact that every employee of Aston Villa has the right to tickets, that is only fair. First team squad members who are likely to be involved in the final should be entitled to perhaps between 5 and 10 each so that family and friends can attend, but for all other employees I would venture that two tickets each, enabling them to attend themselves with a friend or family member, would be perfectly adequate.

There are plenty who don't qualify for a ticket, such as the dedicated ex-pat Villans, who have supported the club through thick and thin before departing these shores, and who would really appreciate those extra tickets that are handed out to youth players and other employees.

Our allocation for a possible FA Cup final appearance is likely to be less than our total number of season ticket holders. Will the staff ticket numbers be maintained should we make the FA Cup final?

This gripe is not motivated by a personal situation as, whilst I don't have my ticket yet, it should be secured on Monday by virtue of my season ticket,

Hi General

Just a couple of observations from our recent trip to Blackburn in the semi-final:

The bar inside the ground didn't close. We bought drink right upto KO and were down there 10 miutes early to try to beat the queue's only to find the bar still open. Could we not do this inside VP?

Also there were "2 pint" plastic glasses which meant you didn't have to go back up for another drink which therefore helped reduce queues.

They also had a great stock of pints pulled ready to go and amazing amounts of food available.

For a club with such a small away end catering area their service was outstanding and put our half time Holte End fare to shame imo.

Surely we can apply some of these ideas instantly with no need for structural alterations?

General

I hope the tests go well, and that you are back over here again as soon as is possible.

You are doing a fantastic job, and I wouldn't change the management team at Villa for all the oil money in the world.

PS: I haven't got a final ticket, and won't get one becuase I haven't got a season ticket or been to enough games - so I don't deserve one. A few years ago, I had a season ticket and went to 2 Wembley finals, and it was a privilege, not a right.