General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. I have asked about open training sessions and should get an answer later today.

2. I also love the Bullring to Bullring promo....it was a group effort but the very initial idea was Pauls...a great bloke.

3. suttonpaul: What a kind offer...I will make sure they get it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. POh4rm4n: All you have to do is look at our roster of players over the past few years and get your answer....I would imagine that Big John Carew would question the question.

2. Will get an answer to the audio.

evening general.

1s time i have ever commented on here, anyway i was wondering do we have anything for younger fans to join, ie where they get updates and offers, the reason im asking is im a father of 4, and my 7 year old has thankfully caught the claret and blue bug from me and is absolutely nuts about everything aston villa, i currently reside in south wales, so there's limited info he gets, so is there anything the villa can offer a young up and coming little villain to join as he would love to feel in someway apart of the club.

also our do you know or are you able to find out how we choose our match day mascots, as its something im looking into for him as it would be a dream come true for him to walk out with the players, especially big JC.

cheers and keep up the good work and lets look forward to another rollercoaster season ahead. :lol:

General Krulak here:

1. POh4rm4n: All you have to do is look at our roster of players over the past few years and get your answer....I would imagine that Big John Carew would question the question.

Hi General,

A very well put answer. I dislike the stereotype of MON not knowing about players who are playing outside of the British Isles. I have no troubles with MON's transfer policy, his record at the club speaks for itself.

Keep up the good work.

General Krulak here:

1. Jack Woodward: I am not really sure what the issue you have with Jack but....he is about as Claret and Blue an individual that I have met. He is Villa through and through and I have a lot of time for him. A really good bloke.

I think the main gripe people have about Jack Woodward is that he tends to spend too much time talking about things other than the game he's commentating on. Obviously those that aren't there want to know exactly whats happening on the pitch and while asides to the co-commentator, quips and snippets of trivia help add to the commentary too often these seem to be at the expense of the match action.

General Krulak here:

1. Jack Woodward: I am not really sure what the issue you have with Jack but....he is about as Claret and Blue an individual that I have met. He is Villa through and through and I have a lot of time for him. A really good bloke.

He may well be a cracking bloke General but has a commentator he is truly awful.

If you wish for Villa to continue looking professional in every way he should be replaced or given a co commentators role imo.

Also when will we be ditching premium tv as a web site cms on the OS, it is a very poor system which restricts the OS from looking very professional?

Working in the industry i know there are plenty of alternatives which would give the OS a very bespoke and exciting look, rather than relying on basically re-skinning another clubs site as our own!

Cheers

General, I think most people don't mind Jack and love the fact he's a Villan, but i've listened to him on several occasions and it's hard to follow the game, you don't know where the ball is or anything, just hear him talking about stuff that's not too relevant which is okay at times but not 90% of the match.

Remember, if were listening to Jack it means we can't watch the game so he needs to tell us whats going on!

Wouldn't want him to lose his job or anything like that but perhaps at least mention it to him.

General I've just read about Randys' seven day trip to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq meeting the troops. My admiration for the man is boundless.

General,

Firstly the quote above is seconded by many in this thread and as a serving soldier myself, it fills me with great gratitude that Mr Lerner has taken time out to visit 'our' troops.

This brings me on to my second point, and I apologize if it sounds like begging...

As I have already mentioned, I am a serving soldier myself, having done 2 six month tours of Afghanistan and 1 in Iraq.

A lot of big companies offer discounts and concessions to Armed Forces personnel, many of these are listed in the Armed Forces Discount Brochure, I know speaking to some of our american soldiers that they are very well looked after in the sporting market in the USA regarding discounts.

I get to as many Villa matches as feasibly possible and when it doesn't conflict with my duties. Do you know if the club will be offering any discounts on ticket prices/merchandise etc etc?

Finally, I am currently heavily involved with arranging a charity football auction in aid of Help for Heroes. I wrote to ALL clubs within the football league kindly requesting club memorabilia (signed items/shirts/balls/pennants etc) which would be auctioned with all proceeds being split between Help for Heroes and the Army Benevolent Fund. I was very disappointed that my own club, whom I have supported for the past 37 years, through thick and thin, were not willing to offer anything and didn't even reply to my letter, whilst 75% of other clubs did.

I hope you are fully recovered and look forward to hearing your thoughts on my points above.

I also forgot to add that as a family club, and I know someone else has already mentioned it, but what does the club now offer for young children at the club.

Years ago, the club used to have a section in the match programme dedicated to kids and the opportunity to join a kids club type thing (forgive me as I can't remember what it was called!! Help anyone?) Little Villains?

As part of this club, kids received a small welcome pack and had the chance to be selected as a prize winner to be mascot for the day.

Will this return?

General Krulak here:

1. villaboyjay: I think you will discover that we do have a great program for the young...and it is currently being revamped to make it even better. Call Nicky Keye at the ticket office and she will give you all the particulars of the new program. It is really special. Additonally, thank you for your service in the Forces...I hope you know how much your sacrifice is admired by all of us at Villa. In asnwer to your question, members of the Forces DO get a discount...again, contact Nicky Keye and she will sort it for you. Finally, please contact Lee Preece at Villa Park re. the charity...he will definitely sort it. Both Randy and I are very eager to ensure that those who sacrifice on the front lines are taken care of when they get home. Lee can be contacted by going thru the Villa operator. Use my name when talking to lee.

2. New pictures of the nenovations will be posted on the OS either today or tomorrow...they are great.

3. Jack Woodward: Obviously we will provide constructive feedback to Jack but....there are many who like his easy banter and the way talks about the game. We need to be very careful that we don't destroy the spirit and verve that he brings to his job. At the same time, Jack and the Club are always interested in feedback and accept it graciously...it is the only way we can get better. As I said before, I listen to him and enjoy the banter...he is a superb bloke who is like all Fans...dedicated to the Villa. I am a huge Jack fan. He will take on board your comments.

General, I saw the latest renovation pictures on the OS earlier, and everything looks superb. There's a certain stlye and class about it all, which to me perfectly mirrors the sort of man Randy is. Please pass on my praise to him, it's looking a job very well done!

In terms of feedback on the commentary, I concur with the other posts, really. For me the one thing I want above all else when listening is to know what's going on, on the pitch. "Colour" and "humour" and such like have their place, and maybe in normal conversation are more important, but when you want someone to describe a moving picture to you, most of all you want to know where the ball is, who's got it, what's unfolding in front of the commentators eyes. It must be very difficult to do, no doubt, but I feel there's room for improvement in this respect.

Happily I manage to get to most games, but when I don't, it would be nice to have someone describe what's happening as accurately as they can, as opposed to someone talking to someone else (co-commentator) about more general matters - Jack W comes across as if he's talking to people who can also see the game too often.

General Krulak here:

1. villaboyjay: I think you will discover that we do have a great program for the young...and it is currently being revamped to make it even better. Call Nicky Keye at the ticket office and she will give you all the particulars of the new program. It is really special. Additonally, thank you for your service in the Forces...I hope you know how much your sacrifice is admired by all of us at Villa. In asnwer to your question, members of the Forces DO get a discount...again, contact Nicky Keye and she will sort it for you. Finally, please contact Lee Preece at Villa Park re. the charity...he will definitely sort it. Both Randy and I are very eager to ensure that those who sacrifice on the front lines are taken care of when they get home. Lee can be contacted by going thru the Villa operator. Use my name when talking to lee.

Sir,

Thankyou very much for your quick response and the acknowledgment of our service personnel like myself.

I will get in touch with Lee and once the auction has been held, I will be sure to write a letter of thanks to him, which hopefully will reach you personally.

I will also post an update of monies raised from the auction in this thread, if that is ok with the VT Admin and Mods.

Thanks also for the info on the kids,

General Krulak here:

3. Jack Woodward: Obviously we will provide constructive feedback to Jack but....there are many who like his easy banter and the way talks about the game. We need to be very careful that we don't destroy the spirit and verve that he brings to his job. At the same time, Jack and the Club are always interested in feedback and accept it graciously...it is the only way we can get better. As I said before, I listen to him and enjoy the banter...he is a superb bloke who is like all Fans...dedicated to the Villa. I am a huge Jack fan. He will take on board your comments.

Guess i'll be saving some money then!

As i said, let me know when the club wants to provide a 'quality' matchday experience for its foreign fans..

Hi General,

Just a quick message regarding my dad 'villabromsgrove'; he's a regular poster on here and a great admirer of yourself, randy and mon- unfortunately last night he suffered a heart attack, but he's now resting in hospital and requested I send a big "Up The Villa" your way on his behalf. I'll be sneaking a laptop into the hospital later today so he can catch up on all the villa updates.

P.S. He wanted to make it clear the cause was NOT villa related stress. Thank You.

Hello General

Just got back from the futures job fair at VP and although the event itself was a bit rubbish i'd just like to say that the two ladies working on the villa recruitment stall were excellent. They were very enthusiastic and helpful and gave me some great information and feedback. Just thought i would let know and hope you can pass on my thanks to the HR department.

Most importantly, I'm sure everyone would join me in wishing villabromsgrove a speedy recovery after his recent heart attack.

General,

I don't know whether Randy had many kit designs from Nike to review or whether Nike knew pretty much what Randy wanted but I do believe he has the final say on it. Can you thank Randy for approving another 'classic Villa' shirt. :thumb::cheers: