General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

Not posted on this thread before, but good to see you back on your feet....

Just wondering whether there were any plans to recognise Martin Laursen's effort for the club, or to use him in a role at the club? Such as ambassador or such like, so that if/when he goes into management/coaching we can sign him up?

I believe he said he's retiring back to Denmark to be with his family.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Further to Phumfeinz and nik986's posts:

Is there anywhere we can leave "Thanks and all the best"- type messages for Laursen?

It's not like Villa fans to agree on anything, but we pretty much all agree that he was a fantastic player and a great guy. We miss him, and some of us, I think, would like to show our appreciation for the way he played and generally conducted himself during his time at the club. A lap of honour round VP doesn't do enough, in my opinion, especially for those of us who are overseas!

^^ Not to answer the question for the Gen, but I thought this exact thing had been done on the OS upon the announcement of his retirement.

here

Don't know if it's now past its sell by date

Hi Gen

Did the club consider the weekend's ' Clearance tent ' a success ?. When i went on Saturday, the queue was outside and around the back of the club shop. It was a shame a lot of the items were size XXXL but there were bargains to be had elsewhere. My son was well pleased with his 2 full kits for a tenner !!!

Gen, great to see you back. I was just wondering if you could shed any light about Moustapa Salifou? Has his contract expired as I believe it ended on the 30th of June but there was no mention of it on the Official Site.

All the best!

Hi General,

I'm rather disappointed that i've recently had to cancel my AVTV subscribtion. I was ready to cancel just before Mr'Lerner's takeover. But with the good changes taking place at the club and the promises of change and improvement to this rather poor service; i held on in the hope that this service would be improved.

General, I know from your previous comments that you sympathise with these comments, but I would be interested to hear exactly what progress is being made with the provision of AVTV and audio services.

I think Mark makes a valid point on behalf of a growing worldwide audience. I subscribe to AVTV more out of club loyalty than out of expectation that I will get value for money at the moment.

As an example I spent some time on saturday trying to get an audio commentary of the Peterborough match, as the Official site was carrying a rather ambiguous headline announcing "live coverage of the game from 3 o'clock." This turned out to be a live text report by Paul Brown. (He did an entertaining and very able job by the way.)

A short time later Chelsea tv were showing free live tv coverage of their first pre season friendly in Seattle to attract new subscribers. This rather highlighted the disparity between where we are currently at and where we need to be.

I am fortunate to live close to Villa Park and get to see a lot of live games, but I can fully understand the frustration of our global supporters whose only contact with VP is electronic.

General,

Can you find out if it will be possible to go and watch a training session whilst the lads are out in Spain? I would love to take my family along to see the lads, I think it would be a nice touch to reward the fans for travelling.

Cheers,

Bully

General I've just read about Randys' seven day trip to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq meeting the troops. My admiration for the man is boundless.

Hear, hear. Absolutely tremendous.

Gen

I'm off to the states on Tuesday. If you'd like someone to model the new home strip for all our American customers whilst i'm in Disneyland i'd be glad to ...of course i'd wash and iron it for it's return.... :winkold:

oh and i'd better have one for my 8 year old son....gotta model the kiddies sizes eh ?

Hi General, just to echo some of the previous posts surrounding the media side of the club.

I can't comment on AVTV on the whole as I have never subscrubed to it but I do know how it's generally regarded and unfortunately most of the feelings seem to be negative.

I think without singling out anyone in particular I would have to say that one of the main factors in this is perhaps Jack Woodward?

Personally I don't like listening to the guy and at times he makes me cringe somewhat.

Tying into this I would like to know if there are any plans to change the production of the season review DVD next year?

For a lot of fans I think this is quite an important piece of kit, I know personally speaking that I like to watch my collection grow year on year having bought each one since the 1989/90 season (then on VHS of course).

You see the sad thing is that despite the great technological advances the production of the 1989/90 season review is actually better than the 2008/09 version!

The commentary is better and the actual footage is better quality, there also seems to be a daft inbalance between showing replay after replay of goals we've conceded to then showing only the back-end of one of our best goals of the season (case in point being the 2007/08 season review which showed only the last throes of our team goal against Bolton at home which started on the edge of our own box)!!

I think for the £18 Villa charge it should really be of a far better quality, and what's more I don't really think it should be that tough either to produce a solid package.

Hi General, Mixed message really but i did not intend to renew my subscription to AVTV due to the poor quality and when i rarely found the commentary it was poor, it seems that they take the money out automaticaly which i wasn't too please with but I have to say that a few hours after sending in a mail of complaint i recieved an e-mail confirming my refund had been processed. It is a shame that the channel is so poor but i felt the good customer service was worth mentioning.

General Krulak here:

1. Jack Woodward: I am not really sure what the issue you have with Jack but....he is about as Claret and Blue an individual that I have met. He is Villa through and through and I have a lot of time for him. A really good bloke.

2. David Willis is our new IT Guru and a real professional. I have been talking with him about all the issues re. the OS and AVTV. He is on top of it!! What he does not want to do is put "lipstick on a pig." He does not want to put an expensive glossy front end look and feel over a broken back end that does not address the real issues. He is currently addressing some of the key issues to include avfc domain/s, ease of use and functionality. As many readers have indicated, we have some deep issues that we need to address....and we finally have the man who can address them Our domain independence avfc.co.uk is being tested already and the user login experience, blogs with comments, AVTV and navigational enhancement designs are now in development for release this summer. David is a good man....but he needs time and YOUR patience. He does say that WE are guilty of not keeping the fans updated as to what we are doing.

3. The new kit will be on display in Malaga if our folks manage to get the car there in time. (tongue in cheek). The new kit will also be worn at the Florintina game. We have some very good seat left for that game so if you don't have anything else to do, come on down!!

General

I don't know whether you look around this messageboard much but quite a few of the posters take great interest in the reserve and youth teams. Will the club be publishing a list of the players that have been released, those given contracts and the new scholars?

Cheers

Andy

Hi General, I'm heading to on holiday to Malaga on the 27th from Ireland and have my tickets booked for our second game in the Peace Cup but I was wondering if there will be any open training sessions or if you can tell me where Villa's base in Malaga is?

General Krulak here:

1. Jack Woodward: I am not really sure what the issue you have with Jack but....he is about as Claret and Blue an individual that I have met. He is Villa through and through and I have a lot of time for him. A really good bloke.

2. David Willis is our new IT Guru and a real professional. I have been talking with him about all the issues re. the OS and AVTV. He is on top of it!! What he does not want to do is put "lipstick on a pig." He does not want to put an expensive glossy front end look and feel over a broken back end that does not address the real issues. He is currently addressing some of the key issues to include avfc domain/s, ease of use and functionality. As many readers have indicated, we have some deep issues that we need to address....and we finally have the man who can address them Our domain independence avfc.co.uk is being tested already and the user login experience, blogs with comments, AVTV and navigational enhancement designs are now in development for release this summer. David is a good man....but he needs time and YOUR patience. He does say that WE are guilty of not keeping the fans updated as to what we are doing.

3. The new kit will be on display in Malaga if our folks manage to get the car there in time. (tongue in cheek). The new kit will also be worn at the Florintina game. We have some very good seat left for that game so if you don't have anything else to do, come on down!!

Hi General,

I own a IT/Telecoms consultancy based in Sutton Coldfield you can borrow a couple of my guys for a few days to sort it out for free! We do web design too so whatever the issue is they will be able to sort it out along side your guy.

For free too! PM me if David is interested

morning general,

for those of us off to the peace cup this weekend can you give any details of where the villa team are going to be based?

also is there going to be anymore PR whilst we are over there, its going to be hard to find out if villa are doing something during the days off whilst im actually out there, and i dont want to go all that way only to find out i missed the team doing some publicity in the area

Gen,

Pass on my thanks to Paul, Jack and MON for this Bullring to Bullring thing, it's so funny and is keeping me entertained :D

Particuarly the videos as well... Jack in London "As you can see there are plenty of good sights *women jog past* if you see what I mean!"

:lol: