General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the professionalism of our dealings with players and other clubs to the restoration of our proud traditions and landmarks, not to mention the charity and community work, Mr Lerner and everyone involved in our transformation has created a truly brilliant brand for AVFC, one that I've never been prouder to support!

Everyone involved should be really proud of what they have achieved so far in such a short space of time!

Exactly right, completely agree. Keep it up.

General Krulak here:

1. A wee bit off the subject but something worth thinking about: Delph made two very important comments: a) I've been to look at the grounds and its absolutely mindblowing." There are some who question the work on infrastructure...that all that counts is what takes place on the Pitch. Delph made the point that when you are at "decision time", infrastructure plays a part...whether it is Villa Park or the Training Facility, or etc. B) "I want to play for MON". There are some who question our Manager's methods during Transfer Season...well, in the past 24 hours, our Club has been praised for its professionalism and Delph indicated a key reason for coming with the Villa was MON. Once again, I ask the Fans to trust in MON...we do.

General I agree entirely with those comments.....

I for one am proud of my football club.....what MON, RL & the team have done for Aston Villa FC, the ground, the Holte Pub, what they've done for Acorns and the Shirts, the young talented English based squad - not to mention our standing with past, present and potential players and in the world of football........ it's just nice to read comments from other clubs acknowledging it's professionalism. Would that happen anywhere else?

It just saddens me that some fans seem to forget so easily........EXACTLY how far we've come.

With regard to all the critiscm concerning the lack of transfers all I can say is

Someone said this on a thread ages ago and I've never forgotten the words.... I keep repeating it ...EVERY transfer window.

Just because WE don't know what MON is doing.... DOESN'T mean MON doesn't know what he's doing..

Well done to all.

General Krulak here:

1. A wee bit off the subject but something worth thinking about: Delph made two very important comments: a) I've been to look at the grounds and its absolutely mindblowing." There are some who question the work on infrastructure...that all that counts is what takes place on the Pitch. Delph made the point that when you are at "decision time", infrastructure plays a part...whether it is Villa Park or the Training Facility, or etc. B) "I want to play for MON". There are some who question our Manager's methods during Transfer Season...well, in the past 24 hours, our Club has been praised for its professionalism and Delph indicated a key reason for coming with the Villa was MON. Once again, I ask the Fans to trust in MON...we do.

Good Evening General Krulak .

I enjoyed those observations. When I read the comments from Fabian Delph I smiled and it reminded me of something that was said to me when I had the wonderful opportunity of accompaning the legendary Billy Walker on his last few visits to Villa Park.

Billy would reach the top of the steps of the old Trinity Road Stand and go in through the doors and be greeted by many of the Villa Staff at the time and walk towards the pitch and look down and around and then step back and say " You know son, there are ghosts in these walls and grounds and they could speak volumes of how great this club is and they always will"

Fabian's comments evoked those words and I believe that MON without a doubt has signed a "good 'un" . I beleve he has every chance to follow in the the footprints of players like Billy. As a famous American once said "He has the right stuff ."

My thoughts are that as far as MON is concerned a large percentage of Villains do trust in MON and that there is a fringe minority that are quite vocal in their moanings that distort the real perception of what Aston Villa, MON and Randy Lerner have already accomplished in such a short space of time.

There is no doubt that Villains are passionate to an almost religious extreme in some cases. They are hungry and impatient for instant success. Sometimes they forget that a game of football has two teams on the pitch who want to win just as much as each other.

Those that question MON's passion for Aston Villa need only watch him on the sideline at every game and how his adrenaline rises and falls with each attack and near miss. For fans like me who have followed Aston Villa for over 50 years I can quite easily state that MON is the best manager of Aston Villa I have seen and there have been one or two good ones like the two Ronnies ( Atkinson and Saunders) .

In the end though MON is a realist and I noted his brief quote the other day where he said "I manage a football club and I am paid to win matches" . He will no doubt be judged in the fullness of time by the number of medals and trophies that Aston Villa win over his years of tenure. I trust in MON. I trust that his tenure at Villa Park with Randy and yourself will continue to be a successful one. I have no doubts that it will because you are all dedicated sound professionals and we Villa fans should know that the clubs future is in excellent hands.

Thank you all for restoring my pride in our great club.

General Krulak here:

1. daholteend: Thank you for the kind words. I certainly understand the passion of the Villa Fans and your story of Billy Walker really drives that home. It is this sense of history...the ethos of the Club...that is understood by Randy and the Board. It is, in many ways, what drives our actions. Yes, revenue is nice...in fact, it is necessay...but the ghosts that walk the corridors of Villa Park are real and very important to us. There is not a single person who works and Villa Park or Bodymoor Heath that doesn't feel the history and seek the bright future.

General,

Once again yourself, Randy and all involved in this club prove that the myth of Americans being clueless, just out for the green stuff is ridiculous. I have American family (my brothers wife is from Uniontown PA and her uncle works for the FBI at their HQ in Washington, and her aunt and cousin died in the Pentagon attacks on 9/11) and for me, your fellow countrymen and women have always been honorable, and have a real fascination and love of colonial history and a passion for upstanding that history,whilst being proud of your American roots. The way Randy, yourself and fellow American members of the Villa family have conducted yourselves has been no surprise to me, in that you absolutely have engulfed yourselves in the clubs history and have loved every bit of what we represent, and will continue to as well.

Villa are in very safe hands with Randy at the helm.

God speed a full recovery to you big man.

general,

I was wondering the best way to go about obtaining players autographs,

my best mate is going to become a dad any day soon,bout an autograph book from the villa shop today am going to the fiorentina game just wondered wat the best way to get player to give me an autograph.

also wondered why havent aston villa go there own tv channel on sky, i would happly pay a subscription fee like loads of villa fans surely we have a big enough world wide fan base

General Krulak here:

That is definitely true General. We all recognise that. However on your last point, yes Delph a 19 year old league 1 player was signed due to MON.. but what alot of us want to see are the Sneijder or Van Der Vaart type players saying this, just to show some ambition. These type of players.. 'marquee' type signings to excite the fans and even the players. Just look at Sidwells recent comments.

Obviously this marquee signing needs to fit into MON's plans and such.. but you cant say that a player of Sneijder quality doesnt come into MON's ideal player.

General

Just saw a thread lower down about someone who had a load of old Villa shirts and wondered what to do with them. Someone mentioned Soccer AM collect them once a year and distribute to Africa. I wondered whether it would be possible for the club to do the same - say in the Villa shop for example - to collect old Villa clothing and distribute globally. Not only does this seem a good charitable idea but I think commercially it would get the Villa brand a bit of global exposure?

Thanks for everything you and Randy are doing.

i can remember seeing a piece on soccer am being in africa and me and the missus beaming when we saw that the local village had a team that wore villa shirts and were playing against another team

the shirts were all different seasons, the shorts didnt match but absolutely no one cared it was great to watch

surely it cant take too much effort to link to a charity that does this work and then stick a box in the corner of villa village?

General

Just saw a thread lower down about someone who had a load of old Villa shirts and wondered what to do with them. Someone mentioned Soccer AM collect them once a year and distribute to Africa. I wondered whether it would be possible for the club to do the same - say in the Villa shop for example - to collect old Villa clothing and distribute globally. Not only does this seem a good charitable idea but I think commercially it would get the Villa brand a bit of global exposure?

Thanks for everything you and Randy are doing.

Hi General,

I have to say an idea such as listed above would be very good indeed. I currently own a couple of older shirts from my youth. I'm not the most sentimental of people - I think more along the lines of I have the memories in my head, so don't need to hoard my memorabilia. If it was possible to make such donations happen - if not to a globally based charity, then even to Acorns, as gifts for the kids - then I would happily contribute to this. All the best.

Hi General, I hope and trust all is well with yourself and the rest of the boardroom members.

I have a question regarding smoking areas.

I was wondering if there were any discussions at all on allowing fans out at half time to enjoy a cigarette (or three)?

As you will well know by now watching the Villa can be extremely stressful and I feel the club could do a little more to accommodate fans who choose to smoke.

I know Stoke City are going to pilot a scheme whereby season ticket holders are allowed outside in certain areas at half time.

I appreciate it can lead to problems, some people no doubt will try and use it to their advantage to sneak in at half time etc but if governed properly it shouldn't be a big issue, I would suggest something similar to nightclubs where they stamp your hand or something on the way out, or for season ticket holders perhaps a handheld device that can verify the validity of the card?

I appreciate it's not particularly 'politically correct' to be seen to be in support of smokers in this day and age, but until the government make it illegal I see no reason why the club should not at least look at a solution.

Also, it will save the match-day stewards having to patrol the toilets every five minutes in the hope of catching someone smoking in the cubicles (which incidentally I don't do :winkold: )

Hi General

Just a quick question regarding our Europa Cup campaign. Are the club looking into special price scheme if we are to progress into the group stages and beyond, like last season?

I ask the above question as the end of last season's European matches are still cause for discussion regarding squad selection. Some fans might think why spend £xx early on in the season if we are going to field the kids in later stages & rest players for e.g. a fourth place spot.

I would rather see a full stadium opposed to a half empty one.

Love the ideas about a "charity bin" at Villa Village for old Villa shirts etc - this could include old villa lesiurewear as well as replica kit - I have loads that I could do with clearing out and would love to think of kids in Africa making good use of them. Maybe you could put this idea to whoever General? Glad you're feeling better by the way x

Love the ideas about a "charity bin" at Villa Village for old Villa shirts etc - this could include old villa lesiurewear as well as replica kit - I have loads that I could do with clearing out and would love to think of kids in Africa making good use of them. Maybe you could put this idea to whoever General? Glad you're feeling better by the way x

I agree although I would suggest handing the old kit over to the Villa shop staff. A public "charity bin" could be a target for a certain class of numpty to 'spoil'.