General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear General,

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, can't keep a good man down.

The new kit is wonderful, a classic Villa kit with a claret body and light blue sleeves: the most beautiful colours and kit in football.

You often talk about the tradition and ethos of the club, you've obviously read and learnt a lot about the history of the club in the last 3 years. I wondered if you have a favourite quotation about the club. I'm sure you've heard the most sited quotation by William McGregor:

"If there is a club in the country which deserves to be dubbed the greatest (and the matter is one of some delicacy) few will deny the right of Aston Villa to share the highest niche of fame with even the most historic of other aspirants. For brilliancy and, at the same time, for consistency of achievement, for activity in philanthropic enterprise, for astuteness of management and for general alertness, the superiors of Aston Villa cannot be found."

William McGregor - Football League founder & Villa chairman “The Book of Football” contributed by Wiliam McGregor 1906.

Are there any others you like?

I've put a few of my favourites here which you may not have read.

"You are one of the richest and most powerful clubs to be found in the football world, and I venture to say, without too much extravagence of speech, no club in the past has maintained such traditions in the football world as Aston Villa."

Joseph Ansell President Villa News and Record August 8, 1914

"The playing years with Aston Villa were the happiest of my whole life. About Villa Park itself hung an aura that seems almost to be visible. Most certainly it is there to be felt and I know of no other ground that has the same effect on one. Almost it seems to be peopled by ghosts - amiable ghosts whose job it is to breathe the great Villa spirit into generation after generation of ambitious youngsters who pass through the great gates to achieve a life´s ambition; to wear the famous claret and blue of the great club."

Billy Walker, Soccer In The Blood

"From the moment I joined Aston Villa in 1927, in the days of the great Billy Walker, I was immediately aware of the great traditions of this great club. I was taught to honour the famous claret and blue jersey and that nothing but the best is good enough for the Villa, on or off the field. Due to the club’s great past, the player’s, management and backrom staff always carry an extra responsibility."

Eric Houghton 1988, Aston Villa A Complete Record 1874-1988 David Goodyear and Tony matthews

Thanks for everything you're doing for the club. The changes in all areas of the club in the last 3 years have been truly astounding.

Keep the Faith

great kit general... i view it as miniscule changes because last seasons kit was so good, with the view that most dont have to buy it, despite the alleged contractual obligations to nike... cunning plan, if my thinking is correct...

with regards to the current squad, i am sorry, but the "small squad" excuse will not wash this season... there is only so many times in 3 years that it can be used... it was valid in season 1.. questionable in year 2... however, now, unless randy is ordering a cull of the squad as a cost cutting excercise (and i dont believe that for a second), then if the excuse is used, it will be dismissed by me, and i will not be a very happy villa fan... have to say, that this particular villa fan is starting to get a little concerned about the managers transfer dealings...

Hi General, glad to see your on the mend.

Do you think the size of our squad (at this moment) is capabe of handling 4 compititions, and doing well in them?

There are one or two worried people around, and though i trust in Martin, i think hes got a very big job to get the numbers up to a level that we can compete effectively.

Sorry if i sound negative, dont mean to be :oops:

General Krulak here:

1. the_villa_dome: I am very sad to hear about villabromsgrove...a regular poster on this site and a great Villa Fan. I hope you will tell him that we are all praying for him and wishing him a very speedy recovery. He is a true claret and blue Villa Fan and we need him cheering on the lads as soon as he can. Would you please give him my personal best...and tell him that I know he will be back on his feet soon and look forward to seeing a post from him. A good bloke!!

2. Eamon "D": I really enjoyed the quotes....I had seen many of them before but never laid out the way you presented them. Obviously those quotes are indicative of a very proud history...and we are dedicated to bringing a very bright future. Thank you so much for posting them.

3. WhenSaturdayComes: I believe I can assure you...without question...that MON can count. He knows the numbers. He knows our players...he sees them every day in practice...he sees them individually and as a group....he sees them during games. MON also has a good idea of who is available...not just in the UK but around the football world. He is fully aware of all the things that you are aware of....and more! My recommendation is to let MON do his job. We trust him, we would like you to trust him.

Sorry General to ask again but I'm flying out to Malaga tomorrow night/Monday Morning and might not have access to the net when I get there, as an Irish Villa fan I don't get to see the Club I love in action as much as I would like so I'm really looking forward to seeing Villa in action next week in Malag.

Have you found out if there is any open training sessions or can you tell me where the base camp is?

Thanks

Irish1

General Krulak here:

1. irish1: Forgive me...I got your answer yesterday but failed to post it...thank you for reminding me. The answer is no...there will not be any open practices. Basically we a limited by time for our practices and Martin wants to make sure that we get the most out of the time we have. When we hold open practices there is always delays as autographs are given, etc. Obviously the fans want the autographs and the players want to respond to the fans. What we plan to do this year is hold some fan "fun days" during the season that will allow the fans to have an "up close and personal" opportunity to see the players.

General Krulak here:

1. the_villa_dome: I am very sad to hear about villabromsgrove...a regular poster on this site and a great Villa Fan. I hope you will tell him that we are all praying for him and wishing him a very speedy recovery. He is a true claret and blue Villa Fan and we need him cheering on the lads as soon as he can. Would you please give him my personal best...and tell him that I know he will be back on his feet soon and look forward to seeing a post from him. A good bloke!!

2. Eamon "D": I really enjoyed the quotes....I had seen many of them before but never laid out the way you presented them. Obviously those quotes are indicative of a very proud history...and we are dedicated to bringing a very bright future. Thank you so much for posting them.

3. WhenSaturdayComes: I believe I can assure you...without question...that MON can count. He knows the numbers. He knows our players...he sees them every day in practice...he sees them individually and as a group....he sees them during games. MON also has a good idea of who is available...not just in the UK but around the football world. He is fully aware of all the things that you are aware of....and more! My recommendation is to let MON do his job. We trust him, we would like you to trust him.

Thanks General.

I do trust Martin, and my loyalty and backing for you and Randy aswell as Martin, is unwavering. I do beleive that everything that can be done, is being done. It can be frustrating sitting on the outside looking in though, hence some of negative posts you can find on here.

Can i ask you then, do you ever feel frustrated when things dont seem to be progressing as you thought?

General the government have recently set up a Swine Flu Helpline and i was wondering after looking at some of the panic posts if Villa could set up a Villa Transfer Hotline where panic posters can ring and hear there voice of MON saying "There There There! everything is going to be ok"? :lol:

On a serious note, with the current Pandemic being as bad as it is and it being expected to get much worse in the winter have Villa been contacted by the Premier League over any contingency plans they or Villa may have to deal with this situation. My thoughts being staff absenteeism match day, large numbers of players in each team going down with the virus or even a dealing with a worse case scenario if the virus mutates with the potential of mass gatherings of people being restricted.

If there is a plan in place does this include the potential for an enforced break during the peak of the Pandemic.

Thanks

General the government have recently set up a Swine Flu Helpline and i was wondering after looking at some of the panic posts if Villa could set up a Villa Transfer Hotline where panic posters can ring and hear there voice of MON saying "There There There! everything is going to be ok"? :lol:

On a serious note, with the current Pandemic being as bad as it is and it being expected to get much worse in the winter have Villa been contacted by the Premier League over any contingency plans they or Villa may have to deal with this situation. My thoughts being staff absenteeism match day, large numbers of players in each team going down with the virus or even a dealing with a worse case scenario if the virus mutates with the potential of mass gatherings of people being restricted.

If there is a plan in place does this include the potential for an enforced break during the peak of the Pandemic.

Thanks

mon is a disgrace selling players and not replacing them and then says he not selling any else till he

has brough in replace ments yet sells knight if what i herd is true then i dont want distin

mon goes on about not wanting to pay over the odds

yet he is going to pay 5 mill for distin a 31 year old with

2 seasons in him at best if he does that then i finish with mon

for me he should step down as i dont think he knows what

he is doing and as not replace

General, please note that this is not the veiw of the majority of Villa fans.

General, as TheLionsRoar says - not only only is this not the view of the majority of villa fans but it is the view of somebody who clearly doesn't understand the ins and outs of running a REAL football club with REAL players. 95% of us know that this is not a PC game.

Anyway General,

I've moved my ST back to the upper holte for next season but last time I moved the card didn't work for the first game and I missed the first 10 minutes against Citeh. The new card I've got has the same issue number as my last card, is there anyway I can check that the card works?

I know I'm on the system but I was last time as well. The thing is I tend to get there seconds before kick off so I can't really just go and test it on the day. If I go to the ticket office not on a matchday can they check the card works or will they have to make a new one to be sure?

Thanks.

General Krulak here:

1. We are not in a sell to buy mode. At the same time, if we have a good offer we need to take advantage of it. It would make no sense to pass up and offer such as we had for Knight knowing that he was not a 1st team player and that we had "better prospects." Very few Clubs (I am not sure I know of one historically) buy and buy and don't sell too. The issue the Fans are having is that they see players leaving and only one coming in. This is causing concern and frustration. I think that is understood by all. At the same time, there are things going on that none of us know about that will remedy the situation. We just need to trust in MON.

2. granville: My suggestion is to call Nicky Keye at the ticketing office and explain what happened last time...see if she has a way to "test ride" the card...or, at least, give you a comfort level that it will work this time.

3. Re swine flu. I am not sure that there has been official communications from the League but, obviously, each Club is looking at this issue very seriously...to include AVFC.

4. WhenSaturdayComes: Have I ever been frustrated when things don't quite work out according to Plan? ABSOLUTELY!!! Like all Villa Fans, I had a very tough time the last part of last season. We were so close and then things went squirrly on us....and my frustration level went sky high. Like each of you, I wait with bated breath for the next signing...the only reason my frustration level is a bit lower than some of the fans is that I believe that MON will do what needs to be done. It is his job...and he knows what needs to be done. I trust him.

General,

After seeing the launch of two new kits this summer, with last season's away shirt becoming the new third kit, I'd like to congratulate the club on some really great designs, and some great work on the marketing related to the launches of the kits.

However, as far as I can see on the Club's official store there still aren't Ladies kits available. Although I'm a bloke I've promised to buy my girlfriend (who has been converted to the good ways of the C&B) a shirt for three kits now - all the while hoping for a ladies version but none have so far arrived. Can you tell me if there are any plans for one to be released soon, if at all? If not, would it be possible to get a more appropriate size guide on the website with regards to a 'female fit'.

Thanks!

General Krulak here:

1. I have asked about open training sessions and should get an answer later today.

2. I also love the Bullring to Bullring promo....it was a group effort but the very initial idea was Pauls...a great bloke.

3. suttonpaul: What a kind offer...I will make sure they get it.

Let me know if they want to use the offer and i get something out of it too...... a reference site :D