General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed reading your article in the Birmingham Mail, Gen.

And a while ago, you were kind enough to phone my little brother after he decided to switch allegiances from Liverpool to Villa. He was really chuffed with this and I always thought he thanked you personally, but I recently found he never managed to sign up for the site and so I wish to send a belated but huge thank you from both of us. He's certainly not switching back and attended several games with me last season. He plays football at the weekend himself but if it doesn't clash with Villa he's there with me.

Thanks to you, Randy and the rest of the staff at VP for everything you've done for this great club over recent years. The small things count as much as the bigger things - but you guys seem to be practically getting it all right. I honestly wouldn't change our board for anything.

General, pass on my thanks to MON etc for the way the younger players are being encouraged to show their worth. As a fan for over 40 years it is always so much better to see 'our own' come through and do it on the pitch.

General,

Secondly, who says we aren't spending money on players?

I'd say the lack of signings so far demonstrate that. Perhaps we will spend money in the near future. I hope so.

And now a question. Do you have any pre-match rituals, lucky charms etc? One of the weird things about football is the pre-game rituals that MUST be done or else if we lose then it'll feel like its that persons fault for not doing something - usually silly like crossing the road at the wrong place.

Oh, and I echo Denis. The young ones are doing fantastic. Albrighton is playing marvelously at the moment.

The General

I must say recent weeks i too have shared the viewpoints from many villa fans about the lack of signings, but having watched the peace cup games, i must say we are looking a strong side and thats without Gabby and Jimmy and Stewie!

I do however look forward to who we will sign, because if we get the right number of quality players i think we can look at some silverware this season. But like other Villa fans, it would have been nice to get the faces in before the Pre-season games, afterall new players need time to Gel and what not.

Im sure Randy and Martin will deliver and im looking forward to the new season.

Hi General,

Could you please pass on my support for Emile Heskey and my praise for Brad Guzan following last night's game with Porto.

I thought Brad did an excellent job in goal, he looked extremely composed and confident and made some quality saves, and I hope the Villa fans see more of him this coming season.

Obviously we know Emile deserved his red card for his reaction, but it did seem from the television coverage that something deeply offensive was aimed at him, even potentially racist. If that was the case, then it is a deep shame, as racism should play no part of life, let alone football, and I feel sorry it happened to him, and wanted to pass on my support for him as a Villa player and a person.

General Krulak here:

3. omargy and others: Something to feel good about...feeling "deflated." I continue to be somewhat chagrined by the attitude of some. We are in the semis of the Peace Cup after a very strong comeback against a good team. We have seen some of our young players really step up and play solid football. We have signed a solid player and we have more action to come. Villa Park continues to get a face lift and it is rapidly becoming one of the best stadiums in the UK. We have a Manager who has consistently moved the Club up the tables. We have a caring owner. I don't feel deflated!!

And now into the final of the peace cup!

I for one think we have a brilliant board and manager, and can't wait for the new season... I don't feel deflated at all.

Thanks for all the great posts General, you're an absolute legend.

General Krulak here:

1. An update on the Holte Suite: It is open to STH's and now includes the Holte Suite, the Academy, and the David Targett Suite and, hopefully soon, the Holte Pub. This is, by far, one of the best experiences for Fans across the country and for a great price. Included in the price comes a programme...but if you don't want the programme, then the price is one pound less.

2. Thanks for the comments on the Evening Mail article....never know what the Press will say.

3. Great win against Porto and a very exciting match coming against Juve. Yes, it is "just" the Peace Cup but...there are some solid teams playing and we had to play hard and against odds and against some nice sides to get to the finals. Look at Porto over the past few years and it becomes obvious that we played a good side. Our young lads have played well...they have played against quality and done a good job. Obviously we need to increase the numbers in our Squad...as I have said, Martin can count. At the same time, our younger lads are showing that they are eager to try and break into the squad.

General Krulak here:

1. MuleAthon: You are not rude....I am rude for not answering your question. The simple fact is that I answered YOUR question on another site...by mistake. My mistake. I am sorry. So, the answer I have been given is that we will not have a ladies shirt this year. I have asked why not because I told we would have one this year. I am waiting for an answer to my question.

Don't worry General, the very fact that we have this service stands as a testament to how wonderful the regime at Villa is, so thank you for your answer! I must say I'm a little disappointed there won't be one, but I look forward to your next comment on the matter. Thanks for taking your time to assist both myself and everyone else with questions, it really is fantastic.

General i went past The Holte Suite yesterday and i have to say that yet again Randy has done the fans proud! I haven't seen inside yet but the way it looks really compliments the Holte End and with the refurbished stairs, the mosaics and the stained glass windows it really is the business!.

I have read a lot of crap that you have been getting on another site about the price to get in but i wonder if any of those complaining use the facility as it often filled up fast last year and though it was a £1 cheaper it was too small outdated.... well lets just say you made the best out of a bad thing but for what i have seen so far a £1 is not a massive hike for what you get for your money and i'm sure the payback on this wil be more than a couple of years.

Well done to everyone on this project.

Did Randy design the Holte Suite and its Frontage?

General Krulak here:

1. MuleAthon: You are not rude....I am rude for not answering your question. The simple fact is that I answered YOUR question on another site...by mistake. My mistake. I am sorry. So, the answer I have been given is that we will not have a ladies shirt this year. I have asked why not because I told we would have one this year. I am waiting for an answer to my question.

my missus will be disappointed...

the whole ladies section of our merchandise is pretty poor...

she has commented on this quite regularly...

General,

I know transfer questions are a no go.. but do we consider signings on larger wages ie.. 100k a week.

Reason i ask is... Someone like Wesley Sneijder signing.. the amount of jerseys with his name on it... the fact that the ambition is shown.. would fill the stadium every week and give the whole place a huge lift.

Would Randy allow this if MON wanted it? Is it ever considered?

General Krulak here:

1. b6bloke: The mosaic, stained glass, stairs, interior...the whole works...was the design of Randy. He also did the Trinity renovation design.

2. Signings are not looked at by "cost per week"....but, rather, on needs, how the player will fit into the squad and into the system and on availability. These are all issues in MON's remit. As I have said before, Randy has faith that Martin knows what is best for the Club and so does the Board.