Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/24 at 22:59

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

A mod will add the players to the MoTM poll later.

I know the game isn’t very important and that half the players are probably on the piss but I imagine Unai will be seething because of this performance. 

We shouldn’t overreact to a game or two but the squad might need a serious re-shuffling around the edges.

2 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I know the game isn’t very important and that half the players are probably on the piss but I imagine Unai will be seething because of this performance. 

We shouldn’t overreact to a game or two but the squad might need a serious re-shuffling around the edges.

He absolutely should be tbf. Absolutely terrible performance today, even considering that it's a dead rubber. 

• Like 1

Disappointing way to round the season out, but what a season it's been

The lineup combined with our attitude to the games frustrates me. I'd rather have lost by another goal or two and given some young players a run out than give more game time to senior pros who are coming to the end of their time with us. It probably suggests Unai doesn't think much of those youngsters he was forced to name on the bench.

Fully appreciate the context of today. It's been an incredible season and a great effort from a squad down to the bare bones that had to carry themselves over the line. Playing against a Palace team loving life at the moment I wasn't expecting anything other than a loss and was mostly just hoping that Watkins could get his 20th.

...but still and all that was a pretty pathetic afternoon. Not going to lose sleep over a game I'll struggle to remember in an otherwise great season, but it's a bit disappointing that a nothing game turned into an embarrassing one, because as deserved as 4th is you don't really see top teams allow games like this to happen. Genuinely wouldn't have had any complaints had they won 8-0.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I feel like Unai is the kind of detail orientated obsessive that he will learn more from this one loss than our last five wins.

• Like 1

Incredible season.

Incredible team.

A fair few players embarrassed the club today but then they have most the time they've played this season.

They've been carried all season and deserve no accolades or deflected glory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Lack of professionality

I'm seething watching that. Absolutely embarrassing.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 4

Never been less bothered about a 5-0 defeat in my life. Mateta goal music 3 times that's what it's all about. 

Best season of my lifetime. Fantastic from everyone. 

• Like 1

Great season, and not that it matters all that much, but 5 nil is a dose of God's own bumgravy. 

Â