Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

Top 4 teams and teams who win things have standards and expectations, if you’re happy to sign off the season with thumping from Palace and no wins in 6 then fair enough. I’m absolutely not diminishing what we’ve achieved this season but you can’t just switch on and off good form and winning football matches when you feel like it, momentum is absolutely a massive factor in winning games.

We have 11 players out injured that would all compete for a starting place, we've had massive players out since Xmas aswell as Mings & Beundia since start of season, I personally find it remarkable we've got 4th with the injuries we've had, some players have played 53, 54 games because there has been no rotation because of injures there out on there feet & some have played with injuries, of course the play to win & Emery would of set upto win but Palace are probably the form side in the Premier league at the moment, you give me this game with something on it & a full strength Villa sqaud or even half those players available, this result doesn't happen. There is circumstances why this result is happening, so you have to move on & forget it, sure Emery & players will do & will be bang at it come start of next season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

People giving it the "no big deal, we don't care, UCL yayyy" treatment today, but there is no way in hell Unai is happy watching this.

Exactly - it doesn't  matter result wise as we luckily qualified because spurs imploded but there is no chance unai is as relaxed as some of the posters.

He is going to be furious with this behind the scenes

• Like 2

In all seriousness it must be hard to get yourself up for this kind of game. After a long season and realising it doesn't matter its obvious the players have just given up. Season effectively ended after the Spurs result for most.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If the players were ever allowed to put in a shit performance it’s today. They’ve been fantastic all season long, and we have had the highest number of long term injuries of any club.

Nobody is going to carry this performance into next season. Emery won’t allow it.

Let’s not kid ourselves, we’ve had shit performances over the season too. We’ve been amazingly lucky that Spurs, Utd, Chelsea and Newcastle did the same though.

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Nah. Objective achieved. On the beach. Before today I was their harshest critic despite the injuries. Now, irrelevant. 

I'm not sure Emery will feel the same way, I'll stick with him thanks.

I can understand the frustrations of people who think this is such an inconsequential game no performance is bad enough to care - but if you feel like that, why bother watching or arguing?

I don't care if we've just won a quadruple, I wouldn't be relaxed about us being 5 down in a competitive game.

• Like 4

Would be playing a different team and tactics if we needed something from this game. Players deserve to rest this game, great season 

Unai said last week he was going to watch Crystal Palace games in the run up to this. 

He should have just watched Ghostbusters like the rest of us, tbh.