Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Just now, Spoony said:

I mean I’m trying to keep the it doesn’t matter face on but Christ this is embarrassing 

Same. Only worry now is if the kids come on and it gets to 8 or 9 it won't do them any good

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

"Should" we? Honestly I find that extremely unlikely.

A lot will hinge on who we get drawn to play against in the 'league' fixtures in this odd new system they've gone for, but either way I'd think it'll be a miracle if we make it to knockouts.

Newcastle didn't, even after managing to trounce PSG. 

I'm delighted we made it to the UCL but anyone with a bit of sense can see it's going to be a bit of a rough ride next season. 

It's a completely different format this year and more than likely we should make it out of the league phase. 24/32 qualify for the knockouts.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I'm sorry but these are some of our results this season:

• Newcastle 5-1
  • Spurs 4-0
  • Man City 4-1
  • Liverpool 3-0

And now Palace beating us 4-0. We only lost one game last season by more 3+ goals (Newcastle away) and Emery wasn't our manager by that point.

We may have got top 4 but we have had some embarrassing performances. Yet another one today. 

Brighton 6-1

Sheffield United 5-0

Man City 1-0

Arsenal 1-0

Top 4 for the first time in a quarter of a century/ one third of a typical human lifetime

European Champions Cup/ League for the first time in 42 years

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So? We’ve got top 4, that’s the point.

Ok, loser mentality of our fans, no wonder we’ve done nothing for so long.

And playing like this we’ll probably not win a single game in the champions league, we’ll be embarrassed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

One team full of confidence and wanting to play and play and play - one team full of champagne having qualified for the champions league last week.

Oooh Palace have scored again.

Who gives a f***?

Well I do

I get that we're on the beach after what's been a terrific season, but this is embarrassing. Fans have paid money to travel down and watch this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Who cares, this is the most meaningless match ever. I don't care if we lose ten nil. 

Champions. League.

I care! It's a f##ing awful scoreline. I don't want to see my team getting thumped regardless of the situation 

• Like 1