Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Just now, KMitch said:

I really hate Simon Hooper...  He's one of the worst refs in the Prem these days.  Never BOOKS for fouls against us, unless they're over the top and blatant, so teams take advantage of it whenever he refs against us.  

Another name to go in my book, when we have the Purge 

• Haha 1

Just now, AV82 said:

Look at the state of McGinn's shirt. Laughable.

Can't wait to see the back of that bargain basement clothing company.

• Like 1

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Could and should have scored 4 this half. Just waiting now for the inevitable Liverpool 3rd that kills the game off 😡 

Ah the old Villa trick of conceding just after half time.

• Sad 3

Honestly, Diaby. What a waste of money. There, I said it.

He'll probably have a great season next year but get him off the **** pitch and put Zaniolo on, he couldn't be worse.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It’s dangerous that the ref hasn’t given a single yellow for a bad foul. 

Totally. Only one for kicking the ball away. The only none subjective decision he can make it that case. We'll get more injuries and then be the first player booked for a bad foul guarantee it.

Tielemans, bailey and McGinn are playing like heroes giving their absolute all with the latter two looking dead on their feet.

Diaby should be hanging his head in shame at the utter disgrace he’s shown up so far. If he can’t get his act together and put in the work we paid him for he should be subbed at half time for a player who will 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

What did he do? 

He was played through on the break, took it down nicely inside the box and had time to play it to an unmarked Villa player, attempted to flick it but mishit it and it got caught under his legs and was easily cleared. He had time to just pass it to a player standing at the penalty spot with a free shot on goal.

That's how i remember it anyways

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He's a fat cock!

It does make me laugh we've got this chubby **** running around after elite athletes in their prime.

One of the most annoying/frustrating halves ever

Stupid own goal

Dodgy offside goal

2 guilt edge misses

Ref giving them everything 

We're actually playing rather well for the majority, just stupid errors costing us and lady luck deserting us.

Diaby (finishing aside) good, Bailey good, Tielemans good. Others need to step up to their levels