Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

Just now, Villa87 said:

These are bottom half premier league quality at best. We’ve handed them the tie. 

They've been better than us. Lille were better than us. Apart from the Arsenal game we've been sh*te since Christmas. 

I think cash has been really good tonight except for his final ball, but then the whole team have been really poor with their final ball.

I actually think Emery got the tactics and set up spot on tonight, but I think the players have really let him down with the execution in the final third

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, mrchnry said:

They've been better than us. Lille were better than us. Apart from the Arsenal game we've been sh*te since Christmas. 

Not actually true 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It is still not too late for a goal to change this

True.  68th min, 82nd min and 90th minute.

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Your posts are shit. You've had f*** all positive to say about anyone. It's boring tbh. Follow another club ffs.

We’ve been utterly shite for 2 legs of our first European semi in 40 years against part timers. But you be delighted, I won’t criticise you for it 

Just now, Herman22 said:

How many times a game does Cash pass the ball directly to an opposition player? 

Depends how often he gets the ball. Think I saw him make a sucessful pass once first half... maybe.

Losing both legs is infuriating and wasteful. All these extra games, travel and expense and tiredness and injuries to limp out in Greece.

I'd say it's a good learning experience going into next season but we've learnt nothing. We've been awful every single time we've been asked to play in a game outside the UK. 

Just now, bcarpet said:

I think cash has been really good tonight except for his final ball, but then the whole team have been really poor with their final ball.

I actually think Emery got the tactics and set up spot on tonight, but I think the players have really let him down with the execution in the final third

Good point. They haven’t controlled the game as Unai will have wanted. But the setup has showed promise 

• Like 1