Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

Just now, Wurzel said:

No faith in Emery and what he can do? 

It's a tough ask let's be real. Emery is great, but 3 goals in 45min away from home in a high stakes match like this with a ref that seems a little dodgy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

My small rivulet has been replaced by ‘free adult fun’. Reader: I am not refreshing the window 

You're 5 times more likely to score than any Villa player.

Can’t do much more, just more of the same. 10 of these will see this out, Diaby will stay on, Duran will get an extended run for Carlos.

A goals still changes everything. We needed 3 to win now it’s 3 to extra time. Not much changes really.

Just now, Wurzel said:

No faith in Emery and what he can do? 

It's not Emery mate, it's the half arsed mentality of the players in Europe. 

I've no doubt Emery knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

Let's face it. Hard season and we're struggling. Gave it a good go and done very well considering all the injuries. If we had Rogers or Tielemans might have been in with a chance. But lost both...obviously. Player are out on their feet, got no beef with any of them 👏 

• Like 3

Just now, Pinebro said:

Olympiacos is a shit team

Only reason they'll go through is because of Emi missing at VP

They'll get spanked in the final

I dunno, I think that's harsh, their press and off the ball work in the first leg was really good, they're an absolute non entity tonight which is making it more disappointing

The Luiz hand ball is this entire tie, we should have gone on to win the first leg, everything was there and it was done 

Just now, Tom13 said:

Don't get the hating on Dougie that half...he's been fine.

The yellow was daft, and he has been caught napping on his heels but so have others..... He can do better but some ridiculous comments made about him

• Like 1

I think we’ve played well in the system but too naive defensively at times. We struggle against teams who sit deep but I don’t think it’s been terrible by any means. Still room to improve. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Thought he’s been quite good this half 

He's been alright yeah, just that losing the ball then getting booked was stupid and the free kick was such a waste - more the first leg really, which is ultimately costing us.

Just now, osmark86 said:

this is the way. go all in in second half. send everything.

There is no point playing cash where he is on the pitch in this game. Every time he has it you want Diaby to have it you’re right Duran would be a better swap for him. It would give us more width.

tactically we need to move the ball up the pitch much quicker we keep letting them set their defence 

Kellyman for Cash/Konsa, were not testing them at all in attack and look error prone at the back, Konsa stands off much,.show him the outside ffs.