• Rogers
    • Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it’s pretty obvious we’re not going to win another game this season.

Im not even angry. Its been a great effort but we have 11 fit players capable of playing at this level and they’re playing 90 mins every 3/4 days.

We just need to hope Spurs don’t shock us by beating Liverpool or City. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'm sorry. Unai is not immune to criticism. 

He's got to understand that this squad of first team players and mentally and physically exhausted.  He HAS to start playing some kids, even if they're less experienced and not of the same quality, you can't keep playing these first steamers relentlessly. 

And he's got to make subs earlier when we're clearly struggling. 

Hopefully we've still done enough to get the job done but we're playing with fire right now.

I don’t disagree but looks to me he’s already made his mind up on the kids. Having no midfielders available is killing us. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

He clearly doesn't fancy Iroegbunam but needs must. 

As I said in the match thread, how much worse could it be? 

They were running through us at will.  We were almost constantly giving the ball away.  The midfield was non existent.  The players were completely static. 

How much worse could Tim be? Other than running through our own players and shooting an own goal he could barely do anything to make us worse. 

It's no longer about if he's good enough, it's about does he have any energy to bring to the performance? 

Merely running around and pressing the opposition would improve us if he was incapable of doing anything else. 

• Like 1

Thought we deserved to lose and we got what we deserved from the game.

Toothless up front and poor team selection with Konsa at right back.

Another injury to our huge list of injuries obviously not helping us.

Olsen out MOTM by a country mile!

Man sees Konsa getting roasted at right back and look absolutely lost every....****...time and then once again, out of choice, puts him there.

I'm sorry. I don't enter this thread often but that's a fundamental error.

Just now, thunderball said:

Cash played well, Tim offered little since he had chances in this team, the decision was obvious?

the balance was all wrong imo

with that change we had 5 defenders on 

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

is the tackle on rogers any softer than the pen they got?

I haven't heard one person say that ours was a pen and theirs wasn't.. (except Villa Fan) 

But noone likes the Villa 🤣

I hate having to rely on other teams to get where we need to be. Massive missed opportunity today. I don't have a whole lot of faith in Liverpool at the moment either, so Spurs have a chance for points today. 

It's just so heartbreaking. 

image.png.a5082f268adf53e28aee7c80384004f2.png

Pathetic stats, really pathetic. A game that if we win we virtually secure top 4 and we perform like that. 

Against a team:

• We always beat, even when they are good
  • Who have sh*t loads of injuries, more than us
  • Who have nothing to play for, they ain't getting Europe or going down
  • Who have taken 14 points from their last 15 league games and not won since March

I'm sorry but I'm fuming and so should everyone be. Today of all days we put in our worst performance of the season, it's a disgrace and very much a bottle job even if people like to say it's injuries or fatigue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Today wasn't about the ref, Brighton or anything else other than that shambles of a display our players and manager served up. 

Pau - class player, but atrocious today. 

McGinn - I wouldn't play him again this season, the goal was his fault for booting a ball out of play under zero pressure. He was dire all game and the sooner Emi is captain the better.

Diaby - He's shit. 

The rest weren't much better, Olsen was my MOTM and I'm one of his biggest critics. 

I honestly don't know where we go from here. We've got no midfield and we look totally bereft of ideas and confidence. 

Agree Emi should be Captain next season. 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Cash played well, Tim offered little since he had chances in this team, the decision was obvious?

I think you missed one of the new VillaTalk rules that does not allow anything said about Tim short of him being the next Yaya Toure. 

• Haha 1

I don't understand how there wasn't more added time, Brighton blatantly time wasted about half the nine minutes given, there should have been at least a few more minutes. Not that we looked scoring

• Confused 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Have you literally not seen us at all under Unai?  :lol:

Today 4th would have been as good as done. I just think he may have stopped to celebrate a little.

He was pissed today no doubt, is really what I was getting at.

Posted (edited)

He just shut down our attack with the Cash sub.

Konsa and Cash on the right never works and will never work.

Bailey on his weak side with a tired Digne was never going to work.

Other subs were far too late. Duran needed to come on 10 minuted earlier and Moreno & Chambers in the 89th are sure to be a game changer.

McGinn was moving like a sloth after half time, almost as slow as Dougie. Konsa at RB was in trouble from minute 1.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Emery straight down the tunnel. I'm with him, pressure too much maybe.

he always goes straight down, handshake with the other manager and off he goes - win, lose or draw

Â