1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Even if we get some players back for this one we are 2 goals down away from home. If we manage to win this tie to go through to the final it will be one of the most amazing comebacks I've ever seen.

I am going into this game with no expectations. I think we have a chance, but that it is a very very slim one. If we were full strength and it was the early part of the season I would feel far more confident, but it just feels like we are stumbling towards the end of the season now and the injuries and volume of matches have finally taken their toll on the squad. Let's hope though, and hopefully this will be our big comeback and one for the memories in years to come.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Given our sticking plaster status, a win would be legendary. The vibe coming out of the camp/media/supporters is one of belief and determination however. It could be an epic night…

I don't think my neighbours could stand another epic

Edited by Talldarkandransome
  • Haha 1

Going into this with zero expectations. An early goal would change that :) 

• Like 1

If Emi and Youri are back i'd feel somewhat confident about being able to get back into this. Without them I think we're really on the struggle bus. 

Before the first leg I wouldn’t have expected them to come to VP and score 4 goals but they did, so if they can do that away from home then so can we.

• Like 1

First goal to us and it’s game on. No need to go all guns blazing chasing a goal from the off and wouldn’t be worried if it’s still 0-0 at halftime.

Certainly not confident but depending on the side we put out, we may turn this around.

C’mon you Villa boys 💪🏻

• Like 1

Even if Youri is 90% fit, I think he'll start. 
He is key as it allows McGinn to play on the right and push slightly further forward. Or, he plays on the left and Bailey on right with Diaby behind Watkins. 

Either way, Youri being back gives us a load more options. 

On 07/05/2024 at 22:59, AEK fan said:

This sounds about right, alas...

You can expect Olympiacos' players to fall down --and to stay there for as long as the ref allows them to-- constantly, even when a Villa player merely brushes past them...

Still, I do hope that Villa won't take all that lying down!

dont  insult us like this we are not such  a team.... but remember your players after you tie the game with  Lille.. you did that....

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Karaiskakis stadium is ready and  we all are  impatient to welcome you with our way..😇. The better team goes to the Final. I hope to have a breathtaking game!!

cheers to all villa funs!!

Edited by adamo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, adamo said:

dont  insult us like this we are not such  a team.... but remember your players after you tie the game with  Lille.. you did that....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I think we can do this. Balls to resting up, win or bust from now on, guaranteed 5th (we will get 4th) beyond my wildest expectations already this season, UTV! 

Villa 3-1 extra time, villa 4 -1.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

First goal to us and it’s game on. No need to go all guns blazing chasing a goal from the off and wouldn’t be worried if it’s still 0-0 at halftime.

Certainly not confident but depending on the side we put out, we may turn this around.

C’mon you Villa boys 💪🏻

Exactly this. If its nil nil after an hour we're very much in it. 

• Thanks 1

No expectations. We're 2-0 down with a team that's completely **** and every side we put out is cobbled together, going to a hostile away stadium, the best we can hope for is to give a good account of ourselves.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

C’mon you Villa boys 💪🏻

Scoring an early goal (or 2!) is key, then the players have to manage the game carefully as we really can't afford to concede. We're going to have to play the game of our lives to turn this around but stranger things have happened in the fact we're still sat in 4th spot!