It's not over, we know what we have to do and if we can score just 1 goal the whole thing changes and the pressure is on them.

Anyway beat Brighton and its all forgotten. UTV 

The expectation of Olympiakos fans might be our only hope. They will be expecting a procession. Early goal changes things , but i dont expect that to happen. Lille Legia were both hostile atmospheres and we folded pretty much. We need to do something completely different thats for sure. Our style just doesnt work against a high press when we get rattled.  

We will win and go through to the final. We beat Arsenal 0-2 for heaven's sake. We'll win as long as Emi plays (no dig on Olsen) and Unai sets us up to play attacking football, which I'm sure he will. If we start negatively, we're done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Can we claw back 2 goals and get through to the final?

Depends what happens against Brighton regarding injuries etc.

22 hours ago, AVTuco said:

We will win and go through to the final. We beat Arsenal 0-2 for heaven's sake. We'll win as long as Emi plays (no dig on Olsen) and Unai sets us up to play attacking football, which I'm sure he will. If we start negatively, we're done.

After that showing, I'm not sure we have what it takes to play attacking football. We'll see, but it doesn't look all that good now. We need to go for it anyways.

A little worried now that we simply don’t have the energy levels for this game? However, if Martinez and Tielemans make it and we can somehow score first, then maybe, just maybe.

Assuming Rogers won’t now be fit? So gotta hope Tielemans makes it and maybe Zaniolo to add to the numbers:

…………...…...Martinez………………..

Cash…..Konsa……Pau…..Digne

………….Tielemans..Luiz……….

Bailey..….….McGinn……..Moreno/Zaniolo

………………..…Watkins….……………..

Or without Tielemans:

…………….….Martinez…………….

Cash……Konsa……Pau…..Digne

……….Iroegbunum……..Luiz……….

Bailey..…….McGinn……..Moreno/Zaniolo

………………..…Watkins….……………….

We’ve got a chance but after todays lacklustre tired display and Liverpool a few days after I think it will be too much in terms of being mentally fit to turn this around . Not disgraced ourselves but too many under par performances in Europe this season. I’m hoping we learn from the experience and the extra money generated hasn’t hurt us. Basically if we go out it’s not all been for nothing. 

Posted (edited)

Do we have 11 players left?

If we had a fit squad, or one with just a few out I would say we are right in it.

But we are down to the bare bones and running on fumes.

We have to score early and hope they panic and fall apart.  It's a long shot.

Edited by The Fun Factory

We were two goals down in the first leg and managed to bring it back ot 2-2, and we will have more time to do it on Thursday and to score more, just have to make sure we don't concede. Not super confident but it's possible

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would start with Duran, Tim , Kesler, the whole bench, we need to try and get something from the Liverpool game and will need our best players rested. If we ask them to go out again, stressing them further, then we risk everything. Their not going to  continually be competitive playing 4 times in 2 weeks, running 20km each week, it's just too much to ask, we need to pick either the conference league or the top 4, it's that simple. 

Edited by tinker

Waste of time getting on the plane if we're going to have a similar mindset to today. Slow slow slow from first minute and Konsa at RB just sends out the wrong signals to me.

Olympiakos will be under no obligation to attack and will wisely choose their moments as they showed in the first leg so would be a pretty dumb tactic as we'd just be wasting our own time given we need to probably score three goals to have any chance.

I do wonder if the curveball selection might be Moreno played infront of Digne now he's back? Think we finished with that at Arsenal for the last 10 minutes and Moreno played as a LW on occasions in La Liga so it's not some alien position to him.

We may be without Emi, Youri or Rogers for this, in a hostile stadium, 2 goals down with a knackered team, nobody decent on the bench and a bent ref.

It was good whilst it lasted. Tinpot trophy anyway. ;)

Bring on the Champions League.

• Like 1