Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

In fairness to him, he always does. It's rarely effective though. Quite often a liability, occasionally very helpful. On a night like tonight I think it will help.

Cash has been effective tonight. Arguably our best player.

• Like 1

The non penalty for Bailey was ridiculous but we did not play well until the last five mins. Great goal, big Unai speech and smash these **** second half 

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Don't get the Luiz hate whatsoever. He's not playing in the role he excelled in earlier this season due to Kamara being injured, and us not having a replacement for him. Still quality.

He’s been wasteful and sloppy. I love him and want to see him play here for a while yet, but I’m not blind. I can see he’s been one of our liabilities recently. Even on set pieces - he’s been so bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Not been following the thread, but would I get crucified if I said that objectively I think the ref has been quite strong?

I thought has good until the denied penalty. That was clear as day.

Apart from the last five of the first half Oly have been everything Villa haven't.

Villa thought they could sleepwalk through a semi final and win. Oly have put any notion of that to bed.

Really should have been 2-2 as Villa were denied a stonewall pen but they simply didn't deserve to go in all square after that 1st half display.

Luiz has been awful again and no wonder Emery laid into him.

Interesting 2nd half coming up.

• Like 2

Don't get the Luiz hate whatsoever. He's not playing in the role he excelled in earlier this season due to Kamara being injured, and us not having a replacement for him. Still quality.

he absolutely is quality. he's just having a bad spell at the moment, probably from playing so much over the season and being out of position. should be no hate from us fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Absolutely nailed it! Bailey's goal was chalked off for something minimal. That guy completely made no contact with the ball and tripped Bailey - it was a clear pen. The fact VAR didn't look at it is baffling. 

fotest owner is this teams owner  has he pressured refs

Another Ref with main character syndrome. Been useless but lets just turn this around now and build some momentum second half. They’ll have the taste for it with Watkins’ goal. Rogers making things happen just need him on the ball more. Luiz & McGinn rarely work well in that double pivot, they’re both pounced upon as soon as they receive the ball. Cash has at least been progressive. Plenty of time left

• Like 2

I hope Unai keeps up their energy at HT. Don't let them sit down. Get them angry and ready to fight. We can't afford a slow start to the second half.

Dougie, you don't get angry tho as you'll get sent off.

It's not " HATE " whatsoever, he's been doing shit things.

It's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Absolutely nailed it! Bailey's goal was chalked off for something minimal. That guy completely made no contact with the ball and tripped Bailey - it was a clear pen. The fact VAR didn't look at it is baffling. 

That’s not true. Ortega clearly touched the ball before tripping bailey.

He keeps repeating the same mistakes.  Dwelling on the ball, reacting to provocation, giving needless fouls away, slack lazy passes.  I've said before he seem to lack intelligence even by footballers standards.

• Like 1