Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

Just now, Genie said:

Lot of tin hat wearers in here tonight 

It is quite ridiculous isn't it, surely the need to go out and buy more toilet paper

Just now, TomC said:

This is reminding me a lot of the Chelsea match...we look dangerous with the ball but they've had most of it.

Reminding me alot of all the other European games we have played recently. Sluggish.

1 minute ago, NorthEastVillan said:

We're not in this at the minute. Very disappointing 

We put it in the net, keeper spilled another shot, over 60% possession, more corners, more shots…

Just now, stewiek2 said:

We've the look of a team trying energy conservation versus a team just up for it.

That's what Emery does in Europe. It's a 180 min match. 

He knows what to do. 

We're really missing Pau tonight. With them being so open, he'd be brilliant in this game. Hope we take Cash off and push Konsa out to RB.

1 minute ago, TomC said:

This is reminding me a lot of the Chelsea match...we look dangerous with the ball but they've had most of it.

Any good Manager will have known the best way to get at us.

Which is why we need to switch it up sometimes.

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Oh stfu, seriously.

In my defence I posted that before the lines were drawn, so I take it back.

Also GFY.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It is a game we need to win though if we wanna progress.

Just the volume of conspiracy theorists suggesting everything that doesn’t go our way is some kind of corruption 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andym said:

We haven't been good enough

Sloppy on the ball, got barely anything going forwards, and too easy for them to work the ball around our box,

Lenglet charging out trying to win a ball he was never going to get and leaving space behind

What, we've played some great football?! They're obviously full of it now they've scored but we looked great till then. We need to regroup and get Rogers on the ball again a bit more. Lots of time left, they are still committing men forward so we'll get chances.