Pre-match thread - not a cup final!

I'm less worried about tonights opposition than the majority of the others we've faced in europe. They have fresh legs, we've got bucketloads of experience - Think we'll slow the game down to our pace and boss them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichW said:

Expect us to win tonight. Need a two goal lead minimum though. 

Yeah would have preferred away leg first, we need to make the most of home advantage and turn the second leg into a dead game if poss. If they score first tonight it's going to be a mental game...

• Like 1

I’m not overly confident but I do believe we will win tonight. Hopefully a big atmosphere will help the cause, but I don’t think it will be an easy game and I think they will score. I’m gonna say 3-2 Villa, but obviously I’d prefer 3-0. 

I am on the same page as Xristos Farrow.....if we play passively, like we did against Chelsea, we could struggle.

I don't see us, tying the game up at Villa Park....I think the big performance is needed in Greece.

I don't see a scenario, where we score enough goals, to make it comfortable.....Game management will be key IMO.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

Love a Euro semi final every 42 years or so, me!

I think we get our two goal cushion - 2-0 or 3-1.

I’d like it if we can get more than a 2 goal cushion.  I’m still suffering some serious PTSD from the 2002 FA cup game against United and I don’t want to mention this seasons 2 goal cushions.

please win Villa. #UTV

I’m going to go back to the safety of my corner now. 

• Like 1

I feel like when we are at home we are just a different beast..

I can see us scoring some early goals and being 3-0 at half time and finishing the game 4-0..

That team are not use to our intensity and quality.

On paper they are not as strong as Lille, but probably better than this season's Ajax side. They also appear to have an upturn in form in the past few months. So it won't be easy but to quote our greatest ever manager (sorry Unai) with our usual vocal backing and 110 per cent effort from each and every one of the players I am sure we will get the right result.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They don't lose many games.....It will be tough.

However, It was a really tough journey in 1982....but the resilience, saw us through.

This Semi final, will be all about, a will to win, and a mental approach to seeing it through.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

If Talksport is anything to go by I swear that ALL english clubs have been knocked out of Europe. More interested in JT and his racist spat with Anton Ferdinand and a boxer yet again failing a drug test.

• Like 1