Pre-match thread - not a cup final!

There's a handful of games of the season left. You know everyone will want to play and give everything they've got. I expect a full strength team regardless of needing a win against Brighton.

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What's their line up like?

Anyone we know?

Any injury issues?

From a quick look.

Podence (West Ham)
Joao Carvalho (Forest)
Omar Richards (Forest)

The 2 Forest players are still owned by them IINM and have yet to play a senior game for Forest.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 00:57, VillaChris said:

They're not as good as Lille.

Looking at their squad and plenty of experience. Vicente Iborra as DM in midfield is 36. El Arabi their main CF is 37 and Jovetic comes in at a youthful 34. Their main danger will be Podence on loan from Wolves who caused us issues at VP last season.

I think we can take a 2 goal lead to Greece and that should be enough.

Mendilibar is their coach so it will be a very very low block for this leg so we'll have to be patient. Really hope Unai just dosen't treat it like a chess match due to facing a compatriot as he overthought the Wolves games last season facing Lopetegui and that played into their hands more than ours.

Can see us winning this 3-1.

Podence played like Messi that night lol

• Like 1

we are really stacking up the absentees at the moment.

Missing..... Martinez, Moreno, Mings, Kamara, Buendia, Tielemans, Ramsey & Zaniolo.

Looking at their squad and plenty of experience. Vicente Iborra as DM in midfield is 36. El Arabi their main CF is 37 and Jovetic comes in at a youthful 34. Their main danger will be Podence on loan from Wolves who caused us issues at VP last season.

Mendilibar is their coach so it will be a very very low block for this leg so we'll have to be patient. Really hope Unai just dosen't treat it like a chess match due to facing a compatriot as he overthought the Wolves games last season facing Lopetegui and that played into their hands more than ours.

We can't defend them at home😁

.....I'll get my coat.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

we are really stacking up the absentees at the moment.

Missing..... Martinez, Moreno, Mings, Kamara, Buendia, Tielemans, Ramsey & Zaniolo.

It's the new Spire Little Aston -Hospital team...They are waiting for 3 more to arrive.

Edited by TRO
  • Sad 1

Can we get out of Villa Park with  2 goal lead

Not many options for this!

Olsen 

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

Bailey McGinn Luiz Rogers

Diaby Watkins

Tim and Duran to get minutes for a little rotation. Will be the same team against Brighton barring any more bloody injuries!