• Durán (McGinn 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That was a proper mugging.

No way did we deserve that game.

Oh well...

You've seen the villa now **** off home!

We did though. Lille weren’t that good. We had as much chances as them and Duran could have won it.

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Special mention for Bailey who was far and away our best player during the 2nd half and ET.

Choosing between him and Watkins for Player of the Season will be difficult, both of been immense for us. 

• Like 1

One thing I will say about the ref though, is that he was spot on and bold with all the big decisions. For example, telling all the Lille players to do one as their GK rightly crashed into his own teammate.

• Like 3

The club has put me through some stuff over a very long time. Not sure how much more I could have taken at the end

Emi just keeps pushing. He does not know when to stop. Do you think he knew that rule about cards in a shoot out? I assume a the consummate professional he did.

thank good he is on our side!!

onwards and ever upwards!

1 minute ago, a-k said:

One thing I will say about the ref though, is that he was spot on and bold with all the big decisions. For example, telling all the Lille players to do one as their GK rightly crashed into his own teammate.

Agreed...I don't think that he was quite as bad as some on here are making out. Mediocre, but not awful.

• Like 3

Special mention to one of the worst referee ing performances I’ve ever seen… just bizarre. He needs to be investigated for that as it was like an amateur.

• Like 1

Just now, Amed said:

Wow. Frustrating at times but screw Lille - horrible club. Horrible fans and horrible ref ❤️❤️❤️

Horrible ref I agree with, he was dreadful, and that's a warning for European games at this level..

Absolutely blessed to get through there, Lille over the two legs were much the better side.

The ref played his part by being totally and utterly unable to control that game, and just contributed to how ridiculous a scene it became. A special kind of useless for both teams. In a weird way though it probably helped because it felt like the only way we were getting through was via a backs-to-the-wally shithousery job that is the world in which Martinez thrives, and that he did.

We're on our last legs though, people in the match thread were talking about bottling etc but they just looked totally wrecked to me. Not ideal for them to struggle through another 30 minutes but hopefully they can ride the wave of positivity that winning brings through the back end of the season.

He’s a pisstaker…

but he knows the rules…

He knew that the yellow wouldn’t be carried over into the shootout…

He had a clean slate to piss people off…

Best Villa keeper in my lifetime

Edited by DJ_Villain
Poor grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â