Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/24 at 22:59

Just now, villa89 said:

Likely to lose away to Arsenal next which means one point from three games. Brighton, palace and Bournemouth games are huge now. If you're a betting man it seems inevitable we will finish fifth now, especially with more European games ahead. 

The game itself showed we are running on fumes. No energy, no pace, players walking around. Alright it's tough when BrentFord were defending so deep but you need to up the pace then. 

The only time we upped the pace was when it was do or die stuff at the end. Why didn't we start like that. When we got the equaliser the subs should have been made them. 

Lastly zaniolo couldn't trap a bag of cement when he came on. Looked woeful. 

See I don't get this after the two weeks they've had off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, timbaughan said:

Bottled it yet again, will finish 6th at best

Look at the league table before you post. United won't catch us and Liverpool should beat them easily tomorrow. 

Edited by villa89

And I thought Rogers was good today. He's growing into the league, the pace of the league and I can see why we bought him. He's going to be a breakout player in the league next season, mark my words.

• Like 2

Rogers, Watkins and Mcginn good

Everyone else and the manager terrible

Luton, Forest, Burnley and now Brentford - relegation threatened teams who we've let back into games. Becoming a pattern and its not good enough.

Just pure laziness, Brentford didn't even have to do anything special. Their 3rd was atrocious, every switched off for the quickly taken fk

Ref was a joke

Just now, HKP90 said:

See I don't get this after the two weeks they've had off. 

Two weeks isn't enough to recover. It's been a long season and most of today's team played against city midweek. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We are the masters of it and we're not done yet.

4th is gone now. We have to put hope in 5th being enough 

You’ve settled in 5th them rather than us finishing 6th 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

1-0 is a much better lead for us than being 2-0 up

100, either mentally fragile at 2-0 or just idiots that think the job is done and clock off

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I don't think we'd have got anything out of City away with a full strength side tbh.

Maybe not but even with our rotated side at least two of the goals we conceded were pathetic and easily avoidable.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Lastly zaniolo couldn't trap a bag of cement when he came on. Looked woeful. 

You're picking him as the scapegoat, when you could pick anyone of our defenders? The damage was done long before Zaniolo came on the pitch.

• Like 2

Back line disappeared for about 15 minutes there in the 2nd half. It's like they had to go behind to switch back on. Konsa, Carlos and Pau all made mistakes no pro should ever be caught doing. 

All things considered, it couldn't have gone much worse. I mean it could have gone one point worse, but draws are pretty much useless at this stage, especially at home. The Luiz suspension leaves us once again with essentially nothing in reserve in central midfield for the next two matches. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

What is it about us and shit teams that can only foul and park the bus 

coasting that and 4 months ago we’d have seen that out with a comfortable 2-0 , players seems to be too casual or lethargic… credit for getting back to 3-3 but that’s 2 points dropped , means I’m gonna have to cheer Liverpool tomorrow v United and I’m still not clean after cheering on Chelsea the other night 

I hate Liverpool and Chelsea with a passion. But I’m loving the scousers tomorrow. Yuck