Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/24 at 22:59

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

It’s alway between 46-65 - maybe Don Unai tells them to relax and the players take this as a cue to go to sleep.

My ongoing theory is that they smoke opium at HT.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The way we just switch off in games is worrying, pathetic, disgraceful, sad, moronic, baffling, unacceptable and infuriating.

Go and have a good cry about it and hopefully you'll get a grip afterwards

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'All things considered, it couldn't have gone much worse. I mean it could have gone one point worse, but draws are pretty much useless at this stage, especially at home.'

They aren’t though. They’re a point and every point is big at this stage.

Spurs could lose to Forest tomorrow and they’d be 3 points behind us still rather than 2. 

6 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

We have never lost a 2-0 lead under Emery until today. It's a myth that only the fans perpetuate because they are too stupid not to panic when we are still winning.

In the end, it was bound to happen because of our serially whinging fanbase.

So it was down to the fans that we threw a 2 goal lead. Our defenders will be delighted about that.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

The way we just switch off in games is worrying, pathetic, disgraceful, sad, moronic, baffling, unacceptable and infuriating.

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Go and have a good cry about it and hopefully you'll get a grip afterwards

So no one can have a moan on a football forum, just got to all be happy clappers.

I see.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Pau Torres. Wonderful with the ball at his feet. Woeful with his defending in the box.

i'd question how wonderful he was with the ball......he was garbage all round if you ask me

along with a few others tbf

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What a weird game. We were basically excellent for 80 minutes with an absolutely diabolical 10 minutes in the middle of it. 

A point isn’t a disaster on paper, but in the context of the game it was terrible 

That 10 minutes was like a glitch in the matrix. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

They aren’t though. They’re a point and every point is big at this stage.

Spurs could lose to Forest tomorrow and they’d be 3 points behind us still rather than 2. 

Could have should have is not good enough when your cruising at 2 nil up against a team struggling no excuses to many lapses this year in defence cost us you can bet on it in every game sloppy  goals never has been rectified. A bit of pressure on us we go mentally weake to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Throwing away a 2 goal lead and Luiz suspended for next 2 games. Not a good day for us. 

Although it keeps him fresh for the matches against Lille.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

So it was down to the fans that we threw a 2 goal lead. Our defenders will be delighted about that.

The collective attitude of our fans is clearly counter-productive when we concede a goal yes. It becomes home disadvantage, which indeed massively contributes to these scenarios.

It's pretty obvious really.

How the game panned out take the point. In paper, poor. The 9 mins of madness was really concerning. Torres is great at playing out. It just cannot defend. I expect more twists and turns between now and end of May. But, we need to be better. Luiz yellow was the icing on an odd day. Bournemouth game is huge now. Super huge in fact. 

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yes I saw that? And again, I'll repeat: it was bad but could've been much worse, and not just because of the point (which isn't "pretty much useless"). Psychologically it would've been far more damaging if we hadn't come back with a late equaliser.

I think psychologically the ten-minute collapse is going to weigh far heavier than the equaliser. 

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Just thought I’d dip back in after a hiatus from VT and immediately remembered why I took a break 

Best to stay out, if you can;t manage the top 4 pressure of having to win every game.