• Tielemans (Iroegbunam 63)
    • Chambers (Luiz 63)
    • Bailey (Diaby 63)
    • Moreno (Durán 71)
    • Kellyman (Zaniolo 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/24 at 22:59

Arsenal fans in the latest "being bedwetters" shocker. They're having a meltdown on Twitter about the team that Unai put out, without realising that half of the changes were forced. They're convinced he's done it so that City go above Arsenal.

As an aside, is that about 6 wins or so in our last eighty odd visits to Manchester going back to the early 80's?.

Must be something like that.

Edited by GlobalVillan

4-1 probably a fair reflection on how the game went, but doesn't tell the whole story, for periods in the first half we looked pretty dangerous on the break, Zaniolo, Rogers, Diaby and Duran and the goal was really well executed. 

Unfortunately, they are relentless and we were wilting a little just before HT, Luiz needs to keep a calm head and Zaniolo doesn't cover himself in glory in the wall and such a poor goal to concede right on HT. 

Second half (despite what McCoist said) we were right in the game. Luiz and Lenglet? Take their chances and it was game on. 

Eventually, they wore us down and the third killed us, which was a shame has the subs may have given us a bit extra.

I don't think we should be too disheartened with the result. We just need to get behind the lads on Saturday, it won't be easy, but I think the team selection tonight has given us a better chance ! 

• Like 2

If you'd said that we'd go into any Premier League game with that line-up/injury list then I think we'd all have been concerned, so to have it at the Etihad borders on terrifying, even with Haaland and KDB on the bench. Bringing Chambers on to lumber around in midfield sums up how bereft we are. At least SJM is back now.

I thought we did very well up until we had the 2 chances in quick succession to make it 2-2 (Luiz and the header from the resulting corner).

More positives than negatives

Played well first half, then the wall let us down and we lost our heads..Tim, Duran and Rogers did OK until they faded second half.

This has no bearing on our season and to go strong and risk losing players against Lille or Brentford would have been mistake.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Never mind.

Take solace in the knowledge that your mum doesn’t look like Phil Fodens

IMG_6351.webp

Wou….

maybe not

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Never mind.

Take solace in the knowledge that your mum doesn’t look like Phil Fodens

IMG_6351.webp

Foden got max baps in FPL just like his mum

34 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Played our second team against a team who have broken every financial rule there is. 

Forget about it, move on. 

Yes that is basically how I see it. No real damage done tonight. McGinn should be fully rested and ready to go by Saturday.

A bit of a training exercise in the end, after we looked well in the game for much of the first half. A few random observations -

Duran and Rogers had their moments, but both will have to learn to hold the ball better, we couldn’t relieve the pressure. Think we will see a big improvement in both of them next season, but they are both doing fine.

Tim didn’t look out of place against some of the best midfielders in the league. I wouldn’t be afraid to see him starting games between now and the end of the season. Again, think he will play a big part next season.

We saw the drop off from Pau to Lenglet today, at times he looked weak, but we have to consider the opposition.

Zaniolo had some good moments but will be remembered for his error in wall. Duran turns his back in the wall as well, but because the ball doesn’t go there, I suspect noone will say anything. The two defenders in the wall - Konsa and Carlos - are the two that stand firm.

Olsen didn’t really do anything wrong, and didn’t do anything wrong with his feet, he looked confident in fact. The only difference being that Martinez receives the ball a bit further forward from the defenders so they are able to push higher up at times and control the game. Because Olsen stays closer to the goal, it means the defence has to play slightly deeper. 

We’ve rested players tonight and it will be worth it if we can get 3 points on Saturday.

If after the Spurs result and McGinn’s sending off, we were offered this league table 3 games later, I think we would have taken it in a heartbeat. Hopefully Man Utd don’t win tomorrow and it’s another game less they have to catch us for 4th / 5th.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Hopefully Man Utd don’t win tomorrow and it’s another game less they have to catch us for 4th / 5th.

If Chelsea can't get a result at home against Manure in current form, they really are the pits and the fraud Poch should finally get the sack

• Haha 1