• Tielemans (Iroegbunam 63)
    • Chambers (Luiz 63)
    • Bailey (Diaby 63)
    • Moreno (Durán 71)
    • Kellyman (Zaniolo 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/24 at 22:59

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As for "balance," that's not easy if you play with two left - footed centre - half-s.

The balance, I was referencing was centre backs who are dominant, on the floor and in the air......and those that are renowned for their playing out from the back.

The balance for me is......one of each.

if there is 2 the same, it limits the attributes the team has.

Yeah....left and right foot, is another debate......I remember the days when, if you couldn't use both feet, you would not be considered as a pro footballer.

Just now, TRO said:

The balance, I was referencing was centre backs who are dominant, on the floor and in the air......and those that are renowned for their playing out from the back.

The balance for me is......one of each.

if there is 2 the same, it limits the attributes the team has.

Yeah....left and right foot, is another debate......I remember the days when, if you couldn't use both feet, you would not be considered as a pro footballer.

But Mings isn't that great in possession, where as Konsa's ability with the ball at his feet as improved immeasurably. I really don't see Mings being a big part of this team moving forward, I may be wrong, and I'll be the first to hold my hand up if I am. 

I honestly think once we get a really capable right  - back then Konsa will be in the centre of defence. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

But Mings isn't that great in possession, where as Konsa's ability with the ball at his feet as improved immeasurably. I really don't see Mings being a big part of this team moving forward, I may be wrong, and I'll be the first to hold my hand up if I am. 

I honestly think once we get a really capable right  - back then Konsa will be in the centre of defence. 

I am not suggesting you are wrong....after all we was being Mullered by Newcastle, when he was playing.....I just see him as, us being less likely to be bullied, when he is in the team.....not suggesting, we couldn't find a better one, of every player......but I do see his qualities.

It's interesting how Konsa, looks comfortable alongside, Mings and Maguire.....He does alongside Pau too, to be fair.....I see Ezri as more of a sweeper...but that's not a criticism, it's meant as a  compliment as his forte for me is his composure and calmness, in situations.

I thought he took care of Grealish, well.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I am not suggesting you are wrong....after all we was being Mullered by Newcastle, when he was playing.....I just see him as us being less likely to be bullied, when he is in the team.....not suggesting, we couldn't find a better one, of every player......but I do see his qualities.

It's interesting how Konsa, looks comfortable alongside, Mings and Maguire.....He does alongside Pau too, to be fair.....I see Ezri as more of a sweeper...but that's not a criticism, it's meant as a  compliment as his forte for me is his composure and calmness, in situations.

I thought he took care of Grealish, well.

He lacks certain qualities of a really competent right - back, offensively mostly. Interestingly, I thought Carlos acquitted himself quite well on Wednesday. He may well have more to offer going forward. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is mental. We're 4th, and you want to replace 3/4 of our defence 🤣

2/5ths of our defence actually, maths clearly not your strong point. 

I'm not even gonna debate you because the numbers are there for all to see. Go and do some research.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leeroy said:

2/5ths of our defence actually, maths clearly not your strong point. 

I'm not even gonna debate you because the numbers are there for all to see. Go and do some research.

There is a clear distinction between us and the top 3 in terms of stats......and goals conceded, stands out like a beacon. That can also be said for Spurs and Man U, who are much like us, in that respect.

Goals for, we are in the ball park, just a tad behind.

As you say, the stats spell it out....no ambiguity there.

sure, there are many reasons that can be attributed to that....but never the less, its a fact.

I think we have to remind ourselves, defending is the responsibility of the whole team, not just the back 5......so going in to the summer, I hope we consider this point.

Â