The WOKE thread

StefanAVFC

10 minutes ago, Daveburnside said:

Easy for you to say as a man....

Are you implying the language is hurtful to women?

If so can you explain how?

Diet coke is woke, as are most gay folk.
But is egg yolk woke? Or an inoffensive joke?
I can tell you who isn't woke - clearly that bloke.
Come here and have a toke, I think it's time we spoke.

• Like 1

I woke at 3am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm absolutely bloody knackered now. 

• Haha 1

I wish all this bollocks would go in the bin. Of the 2 main camps, people need to stop pretending to be offended and on the other side people need to stop being utter dicks.

Shit it all!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I wish all this bollocks would go in the bin. Of the 2 main camps, people need to stop pretending to be offended and on the other side people need to stop being utter dicks.

Shit it all!

Which side is which?

Seems like the side who think everyone is a snowflake are most offended by colours recently.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

As I've said elsewhere, I think it's funny (and very, very telling) when someone uses Woke as a pejorative term.

It outs the throbbers nicely.

Yeah I agree. The same as people using "gammon" or "snowlflake".

Makes people sound like 12 year olds.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Angry people started calling people snowflakes for being offended, to which the snowflakes retorted by calling them gammons.  The gammons then started getting offended by everything and have thus now become snowflakes themselves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Main difference being Snowflake and Gammon were created as derogatory terms. Woke most definitely wasn't, hence it making me smile when it's used that way.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Which side is which?

Seems like the side who think everyone is a snowflake are most offended by colours recently.

They are interchangeable... That's the **** irony.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Angry people started calling people snowflakes for being offended, to which the snowflakes retorted by calling them gammons.  The gammons then started getting offended by everything and have thus now become snowflakes themselves.

It's all **** ridiculous. Just another example of people not thinking for themselves and name calling like children.

How is woke defined? It's something I've never really understood. I understand it to be a term that defines someone as socially conscious, opposed to inequality, and generally not excluding people based on their circumstances. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

I think the people that use the term as a negative have a very different idea of what it is, but I don't understand that. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, colhint said:

I know let's make snowflaked shaped bacon and sell it. Then offend everyone.

You'll need to make sure it's partly vegan and partly meat-based. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

How is woke defined? It's something I've never really understood. I understand it to be a term that defines someone as socially conscious, opposed to inequality, and generally not excluding people based on their circumstances. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

I think the people that use the term as a negative have a very different idea of what it is, but I don't understand that. 

Cultural Marxists that are trying to diminish our identity, reduce the white man to bottom of society and herald in a new era of Islamic/Sharia law ran by gays and men dressed as women.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I think the way those people see it they consider it ‘pandering’ to a minority at the expense of the majority.

Though there are probably as many definitions as there are people with grievances. 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Even if these multi coloured flags aren't personally to my taste, I bloody love them now due all the sad, angry, throbby, right wing snowflakes they are triggering.  Bloody hilarious, keep em coming!

The best bit is that they get offended by everything, and at the same time believe everyone else are snowflakes who are easily offended 😂

This guy on fb is an endless supplier of ridiculous hot takes from the hard of thinking world. He needs social media to tell him every day what he needs to be angry about 

This on 22nd March

IMG-4920.jpg

and then this 1 day later

IMG-4919.jpg

• Haha 3

It kind of shows how incredible (for better or worse) the internet is. In just a few short years the word mutated from being something used almost exclusively among African Americans, often tongue in cheek ("Stay woke" was a funny joke for a while), to an overused pejorative among middle aged British people and everyone in between.

Â