The WOKE thread

StefanAVFC

58 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Seeing as everything is apparently woke these days, I thought a thread outlining the best examples would be fun:

Margerine is woke

Whhaaaaatttt!! I want meat in my scones! This is a disgrace!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Whhaaaaatttt!! I want meat in my scones! This is a disgrace!

Who doesn't like a bit of beef dripping (kw) on their scone! 

When I worra lad at primary school (about 1990) we had a school production of “The Lollipop Lady”, however, a boy was cast in the lead role and it was rebranded as “The Lollipop Fella”.

We really were ahead of our time. Even Disney hadn’t thought of doing that yet. 

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair, you can be intersex and have ovaries, and even be a woman either with a defect leading to no ovaries, or already had them removed.

I just don't see the issue with the language here, it isn't woke, it just doesn't hurt anyone.

And some women have already had them removed due to previous medical episodes

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

As I've said elsewhere, I think it's funny (and very, very telling) when someone uses Woke as a pejorative term.

It outs the throbbers nicely.

But surely, by othering the unwoke you are denying their humanity, which makes you unwoke?

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

But surely, by othering the unwoke you are denying their humanity, which makes you unwoke?

Not at all.  He's recognising their disadvantage, understanding their issues and is able to suggest forms of media or other people who may be more considering of their societal needs.

It's as woke as woke can be.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not at all.  He's recognising their disadvantage, understanding their issues and is able to suggest forms of media or other people who may be more considering of their societal needs.

It's as woke as woke can be.

I think they offered a more needs based, tailored, and IQ matched form of media to Jonathan Gullis but he just ate the crayons.

Even if these multi coloured flags aren't personally to my taste, I bloody love them now due all the sad, angry, throbby, right wing snowflakes they are triggering.  Bloody hilarious, keep em coming!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair, you can be intersex and have ovaries, and even be a woman either with a defect leading to no ovaries, or already had them removed.

I just don't see the issue with the language here, it isn't woke, it just doesn't hurt anyone.

I've seen doctors arguing it is unnecessarily complicating the medical message, particularly for people who aren't very intelligent or don't speak English as a first language, who are the disadvantaged people that these sorts of campaigns actually need to reach (whereas the categories of people you're referring to are presumably very well-informed about ovaries already).

I've not seen any data either way so I've no idea how much of an effect it has.

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I actually think it is very "woke"

But I'm using "woke" in the exact way it was originally meant to be used.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Easy for you to say as a man....

Â