The WOKE thread

StefanAVFC

I can't find the post now, not that I want to go to far down a rabbit hole trying to find it, but a I happened on a Reform UK post on Facebook, that was suggesting the Royal Navy deploy US Navy Seal style boats into the Channel, to help turn back "illegals" to France. In the comments, I learned that the RNLI are woke traitors, who need defunding. Also the Post Code Lottery are woke, but I'm not sure why? 

• Haha 1

Just now, dAVe80 said:

I can't find the post now, not that I want to go to far down a rabbit hole trying to find it, but a I happened on a Reform UK post on Facebook, that was suggesting the Royal Navy deploy US Navy Seal style boats into the Channel, to help turn back "illegals" to France. In the comments, I learned that the RNLI are woke traitors, who need defunding. Also the Post Code Lottery are woke, but I'm not sure why? 

The Reform posts are gold. They are idiot magnets. 

Vote for us and we’ll tattoo the foreheads of every illegal that comes here and you’ll be legally allowed to spit in their faces.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I think the people that use the term as a negative have a very different idea of what it is, but I don't understand that. 

when asked to define it, these individuals tend to respond with something along the lines of "i know woke when i see it". in other words, something they don't like.

21 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Also the Post Code Lottery are woke, but I'm not sure why? 

Probably some brown people in the TV ads. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Main difference being Snowflake and Gammon were created as derogatory terms. Woke most definitely wasn't, hence it making me smile when it's used that way.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It kind of shows how incredible (for better or worse) the internet is. In just a few short years the word mutated from being something used almost exclusively among African Americans, often tongue in cheek ("Stay woke" was a funny joke for a while), to an overused pejorative among middle aged British people and everyone in between.

It’s just a repeat of what happened with the term “politically correct” ~35 years ago.  It started as a acknowledgement to fellow progressives that something they said/did/liked wasn’t entirely in tune with their progressive beliefs (e.g., “I know it’s not politically correct, but I actually like Ted Nugent’s music.”) and somehow got co-opted by the right to describe any tolerant, inclusive attitude and claim that the left were branding them as “incorrect” for having different opinions.

Cancelling and cancel culture are similar.   It started out to describe a few people being completely ostracized for despicable behavior that should have been checked long ago like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey…oh, and Ted Nugent with his teenaged girls!  Now the right complains of being cancelled when someone rightfully calls them out for some racist, sexist or otherwise intolerant and offensive behavior.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

It’s just a repeat of what happened with the term “politically correct” ~35 years ago.  It started as a acknowledgement to fellow progressives that something they said/did/liked wasn’t entirely in tune with their progressive beliefs (e.g., “I know it’s not politically correct, but I actually like Ted Nugent’s music.”) and somehow got co-opted by the right to describe any tolerant, inclusive attitude and claim that the left were branding them as “incorrect” for having different opinions.

Cancelling and cancel culture are similar.   It started out to describe a few people being completely ostracized for despicable behavior that should have been checked long ago like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey…oh, and Ted Nugent with his teenaged girls!  Now the right complains of being cancelled when someone rightfully calls them out for some racist, sexist or otherwise intolerant and offensive behavior.

For some reason Ted Nugent reminds me of the sickeningly grubby Max Hardcore.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Let's just treat people like humans rather than by subdivision of the human race that they are perceived to belong to.  

40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's not even "pandering" it's about being aware and affording those in society who previously weren't equal the same equality I as a straight white male am afforded. Who wouldn't want that. The description that most resonates with me, woke is basic empathy. 

You pair of wokeflakes

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I dream of a world where a Birmingham Shitty fan can wear his shirt in public without fear of ridicule.

Vote for me and I'll make is legal that you're allowed to spit in their faces. 

The most woke thing on earth in right wing media is heat pumps. 

A method of heating your house without destroying the planet and poisoning people is woke. 

The problem with woke philosophy is that its all about an oppressor-victim relationship between the privileged and the under-privileged in society.

White males are considered the oppressors of women, all dark-skinned races, and all other groups with protected characteristics.

White males cannot escape that designation by expressing woke opinions or sentiments.

No hate-speech law includes white males as a catagory worthy of being protected.

So white men who agree with the political aims of the woke, are agreeing that they are themselves oppressors.

Â