Pre-match thread - Cup Final 4 of 10

ender4

Could go any way today dependent on who we have fit and available, bothers me that they have Toney back (and Mbeumo I think), the wannabe zulu knobhead will be motivated today for sure.

If we can get a goal up early on I think we’ll be okay, if not I can see it being a struggle, we’ve started the last few home games sluggishly whereas earlier in the season we were winning games in the first 25 mins or so, hopefully we can get back to that kind of performance.

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Interesting to see the clubs official post about today’s match. this would suggest to me the Duran will be playing and not Watkins. Might be miles off of course but there’s no Watkins in the picture. 

IIRC the graphic designer who does those images doesn't have any particular inside information on who will play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

IIRC the graphic designer who does those images doesn't have any particular inside information on who will play.

yeah, perhaps i'm reading too much into it.....

Personally, If there's any slight risk i would rather Watkins be available for the Lille game.

I think Duran can do a job again today if needed.

Won’t be comfortable for us today but think we will win 2-1. Brentford carry a better attacking threat than Wolves and will cause us more problems. 

Got a feeling Watkins won’t be in the team today no idea why. Be interesting to see if/where Tielemans plays now that Mcginn is back. Does he go back to the left which allows Bailey and Diaby to play or does he drop Diaby? 

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hope watkins plays, scores a hatty and celebrates in front of their fans

I am in total awe of Brentford's classiness.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Anyone nervous?

I'm a bit nervous about Mbuemo being back. If he plays high and wide he'll be a great out ball for them with our high line. We seem to struggle a bit with balls over the top when opposition teams play fast players high and wide providing they can get the delivery right. 

Edited by PieFacE

46 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

and the prize for cock of the day goes to.....

what an absolute bell end

we have to smash em if only to shove it right up his arsenal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Nobody will even know their fans are there today.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1