Pre-match thread - Cup Final 4 of 10

ender4

Much as i am loathe to give them any credit, man ure are a decent team and Brentford should've beaten them by 2 goals so i will be happy with 3 points gained in any way possible. This will be a game where patience is the key for me.

13 hours ago, Strog said:

Toney hasn’t scored in 7 games for Brentford, Villa up next……

Do you want to bet against him?

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do you want to bet against him?

I’d say it’s a gamble 😎

Emi

Konsa Carlos Pau Digne

Bailey Luiz McGinn Tielemans 

Diaby Watkins 

Fingers crossed Watkins makes it, but Duran wouldn’t be a disaster. Hopefully Ramsey, Rogers and Zaniolo are ready to come in to keep things fresh! Win would be huge in the fight for 4th!

• Like 1

Have to win but it will be a really tough game. They are getting their players back and Toney is due a goal. McGinn back is a big one. 

Our XG has been worse than our opponents in our previous five games and three of them were against Luton, Wolves and West Ham.

We not only need to win this one but actually put in a good performance. We aren’t playing like a team in the top 4/5 at the moment whilst spurs are, so whilst we’ll almost certainly finish in the top 5 I think it will be 5th rather than 4th unless we start playing like we were earlier in the season.

And we can’t use injuries as the reason as in two of those five games (Luton and Wolves) the opponent had just as bad injuries as we do if not worse.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We not only need to win this one but actually put in a good performance.

I couldn't disagree more with this. We need to win. The 3 points are all that matters at this stage of the season. Couldn't care if it's achieved by a wonderful performance or a scrappy last minute own goal.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Not fearing this game as I was a few weeks back as we have a few players back now although still missing our skipper Norguaard and all our back 4 Rico Mee Pinnock and Hickey as we have for most of the season.Toney could miss out as he is carrying an injury and we have Sheffield and Luton games coming up which we need to win to stay in this boring predictable league for another season.Could have Mbeumo Wissa and Schade available to start who served us well when Toney was out.Think we will give you a tough game as we normally do except for the hammering 2 years ago.Always enjoy Villa park one of the few remaining iconic stadiums with a great atmosphere which we will not contribute as much as usual due to our clubs stupid  decision to only request 1500 tickets bazaar as we have sold out last 2 years 

What do you make of your keeper? From what i saw he started off poorly but seems to be playing well recently? 

22 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Not fearing this game as I was a few weeks back as we have a few players back now although still missing our skipper Norguaard and all our back 4 Rico Mee Pinnock and Hickey as we have for most of the season.Toney could miss out as he is carrying an injury and we have Sheffield and Luton games coming up which we need to win to stay in this boring predictable league for another season.Could have Mbeumo Wissa and Schade available to start who served us well when Toney was out.Think we will give you a tough game as we normally do except for the hammering 2 years ago.Always enjoy Villa park one of the few remaining iconic stadiums with a great atmosphere which we will not contribute as much as usual due to our clubs stupid  decision to only request 1500 tickets bazaar as we have sold out last 2 years 

How did you guys not beat Man United, you were all over them! Would be happy if Toney is missing. I'm slightly nervous for this game, Pressure is on Villa.

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

What do you make of your keeper? From what i saw he started off poorly but seems to be playing well recently? 

Improved but I’m still not keen his distribution is good but for a big lump he’s bullied easily hoping our youngster we signed in January comes good 

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

How did you guys not beat Man United, you were all over them! Would be happy if Toney is missing. I'm slightly nervous for this game, Pressure is on Villa.

That game was the best we have played in ages United were poor though and very lucky.Wednesdays game against Brighton was poor and just about deserved a draw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Our XG has been worse than our opponents in our previous five games and three of them were against Luton, Wolves and West Ham.

We not only need to win this one but actually put in a good performance. We aren’t playing like a team in the top 4/5 at the moment whilst spurs are, so whilst we’ll almost certainly finish in the top 5 I think it will be 5th rather than 4th unless we start playing like we were earlier in the season.

And we can’t use injuries as the reason as in two of those five games (Luton and Wolves) the opponent had just as bad injuries as we do if not worse.

We are down to bare bones so all that matters is results. Unai is in grinding mode. It's not pretty but effective. Yes opposition had injuries but we rely on a way of playing and if players are missing then we are just not as fluid in our build up. I would also add Spurs are not playing as a top 4/5 team. They were awful against Fulham and scraped past Luton. They were similar to us against West Ham, all the ball and no end product. West Ham could have even won it at the end. 

• Like 2

I honestly don’t see Watkins starting the game but he’ll hopefully make the bench and perhaps play the last 15 minutes or so if needed. Great to have McGinn back, who’ll work nicely with Luiz and Tielemans through the middle.  Bailey, Diaby and Duran should be enough to cause them problems.

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Pau      Digne

McGinn         Luiz              

Bailey                       Tielemans

Diaby         Duran           

Subs:  Olsen, KKH, Moreno, Lenglet, Iroegbunam, Kellyman, Rogers, Zaniolo, Watkins

Pretty confident for this one. 3-0 win.   UTV