England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

Brazil Saturday 23 March 7pm

Belgium Tuesday 26 March 7.45pm

Both on Channel 4

The squad 

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Ajax), James Maddison (Tottenham Hotspur), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United) Phil Foden (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

rashford....**** me

at least he looks like he's taking one last look at players, it looks more experimental

looks top heavy, only 1 RB, 1 LB and then where ever he sees gomez, , think he should be trying a couple more central midfielders but that squad looks like he'll play 2 in the middle rather than 3 which is a good thing

13 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Toney over Solanke? Almost like Gareth promised Ivan a spot after his ban. 

He was practically crying and begging the ban got lowered or wiped out so no surprise.

White told him he didn't want to be considered. I know what my answer to that would have been. Book yourself a nice holiday in June you word removed because you won't be on the plane with us.

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

White told him he didn't want to be considered. I know what my answer to that would have been. Book yourself a nice holiday in June you word removed because you won't be on the plane with us.

Do you blame him? He's been consistently excellent for a while now and he sees absolute dross ahead of him each time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Wasn't it White that left the Euros for some random reason? Assume he has no intention of playing at International level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wasn't it White that left the Euros for some random reason? Assume he has no intention of playing at International level. 

Yeah he had a row with the assistant and walked out 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

White hasnt played since the World Cup. He fell out with Southgate or his staff but he is denying it 😂

It was alleged that White left the last England camp he was called up for after a falling out with Steve Holland, of some sort, and he's not featured since. Southgate is now telling us that White has asked not to be considered, but that there's nothing in the rumours about a falling out with Holland.

If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. White might have said he doesn't want to be picked, but it's obvious the reason why is because he doesn't want to work with someone in the camp, and the story was it was something to do with Holland, so...

Jordan Henderson, that selection is baffling. As he ever had a great game for England, I'm sure he has, but I can't recall the performance. 

I can't wait till Southgate departs, all that talent at his disposal, and nothing but fear first football. 

• Like 4

Won't be surprised if Konsa doesn't even get off the bench. Happy he got another call up but I don't expect to see him on the pitch.

Now Toney is back I bet cocknose put him on before Watkins. 

Again Henderson... I would have more surprised if he had been left out. 

• Like 1

Â