England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

26 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

He's absolutely quality. Very typical Gareth that he is so negative, to the point of contrarian, that he only came on in the 74th minute of the two friendlies.

Southgate has never been a fan just like Grealish. The players for England in recent years that offer something different along with TAA and he doesn't fancy all 3

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Hate his smug face but Maddison made a real difference last night. Good touches/passes in tight areas which ended in chances and the equaliser. He has to go and has to be used for me.

I think he'll miss out given it's just 23 players compared to 26 man squad for last two tournaments. He's basically Grealish in 2021. Very good for his club most weeks but Southgate just dosen't rate/trust him so he's a last resort option.

Talking of which Grealish isn't making this squad so that will be the "shock" omission.

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think he'll miss out given it's just 23 players compared to 26 man squad for last two tournaments. He's basically Grealish in 2021. Very good for his club most weeks but Southgate just dosen't rate/trust him so he's a last resort option.

Talking of which Grealish isn't making this squad so that will be the "shock" omission.

I'd be shocked if Grealish doesn't make it tbh. He's learned how to be a proper player at City.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd be shocked if Grealish doesn't make it tbh. He's learned how to be a proper player at City.

Probably a bit of irony in that but Southgate still dosen't play him much. Can't see him starting Foden central so he'll be a left side option as will probably Rashford so don't see how Grealish makes it.

• Like 1

I haven’t watched any of these two games, I’m so fed up of Southgate’s football and the bull shit narrative around the national team. Seeing so many articles writing Watkins off as a flop and lauding Toney as the second coming of Lineker. I’m so detached from the England team now. That said, I’m glad Konsa did well and it was a pleasant surprise to see Tielemans bagged two. Quite what Southgate has learnt from these friendlies is anyone’s guess, I suspect that it’s about 10% of what a top coach would have. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m so detached from the England team now

This is where I am, I didn't watch either game, just wasn't interested as I knew the commentary would be as bad a the football.

Sick of the Toney love it, closet bluenose spunk trumpet. Banging on how he is on the plane, Watkins is **** etc. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nah he's 20 times worse at City apparently despite winning everything and playing a big part.

My Euro 23 man squad would be:

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale, Nick Pope (if fit)

Defenders: Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Reece James (if fit), Luke Shaw (if fit), Ben Chilwell, John Stones, Marc Guehi, Ezri Konsa (although would've been Ben White), Levi Colwill

Midfielders: Declan Rice, Kobbie Mainoo, Jude Bellingham, James Maddison, Bukayo Saka, Phil Foden, Cole Palmer, Anthony Gordon

Forwards: Harry Kane, Ollie Watkins, Ivan Toney

Edited by Cizzler

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah he's 20 times worse at City apparently despite winning everything and playing a big part.

He's struggling with fitness and barely plays 

Of course he'll be in... 

• Haha 3

I've spent 2 years thinking Bellingham was on a lucky streak, he followed a similar path to Sancho, and a few others, and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't want to rate him.

He's shown up, he's done it, and he's done it very well at the highest level. I'll sit on my hands with my opinions.

Obviously he has great tekkers, very athletic, good football brain, but there's something more about him, that sets him apart, I don't know what it is, but we've had a lot of very talented 'soft lads' and 'party boys', and still do, in the squad. He hasn't ever come across like that. I always get the impression he has a very 'old school' attitude to the game.

Just saw the Belgium highlights. Looked like a good game. I quite like those matte black England shirts with the retro numbers and no names. The little swath of color by the ribs seems pointless though. 

Good to see Tielemans bag a brace even if the goals came off bad goalkeeping and defending. Hopefully it helps him score more goals for Villa.

Bowen is a pleasure to watch. I really wish we'd beaten West Ham to the punch and put him in proper claret and blue.

Bellingham is the man. We should sign him when his contract is up :D  Absolute force of nature. 

If Snoutgate actually drops Ollie for the Euros will Villa fans go to the games?

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I've spent 2 years thinking Bellingham was on a lucky streak, he followed a similar path to Sancho, and a few others, and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't want to rate him.

He's shown up, he's done it, and he's done it very well at the highest level. I'll sit on my hands with my opinions.

Obviously he has great tekkers, very athletic, good football brain, but there's something more about him, that sets him apart, I don't know what it is, but we've had a lot of very talented 'soft lads' and 'party boys', and still do, in the squad. He hasn't ever come across like that. I always get the impression he has a very 'old school' attitude to the game.

Said before his dad was a high ranking cop in WMP, his mom went with him to dortmund, he's got a good head on him 

The lads in the vets team that I know and his dad played for the same team so they keep in touch with him only ever have good things to say about him 

Edited by villa4europe

Â