villa89

Luton have quite a few out injured. Lokonga, Adebayo, Osho and Andersen are all out with Bell and Joe Johnson being assessed. It will still be a tricky game imo, but their injury issues are good for us. 

• Like 1

I think it will be the same team that started Saturday, with Konsa on the bench.

And depending on how things are going I think we might see him replacing Pau on the hour, with Lenglet switching to the left side. 

Still feel confident about this one, without arrogance, 1-3. 

33 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Luton have quite a few out injured. Lokonga, Adebayo, Osho and Andersen are all out with Bell and Joe Johnson being assessed. It will still be a tricky game imo, but their injury issues are good for us. 

Those first three are massive for them. If Bell is out too then they will only have 2 fit centre backs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Feel like there's going to be a lot of goals in this one. 

Guaranteed 0-0 then! 😉

If Konsa and Torres start I think we'll win.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hopefully Torres and/or Konsa are back this weekend. 

Looks like Konsa is more likely from them training pics. Torres would be a huge bonus, having both though would set us right up for a win. They improve us with and without the ball so much.

3 points here and we've fulfilled the promise the performance against United showed massively, I'm impressed with how we've coped without Kamara so far, 3 wins on the bounce would be incredible stuff.

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

We're in for a rude awakening if eveyone is expecting us to walk over Luton.

Yep it will be a real tough game. A draw wouldn't be a disaster but puts more pressure on the Spurs game. I'd rather draw and get all players through unscathed in some dull 1-1 and have everyone primed for Spurs rather than some life or death 4-3 pyrrhic victory and lose three more players to injury and pick up a load of bookings before Spurs. 

• Thanks 1

Expecting a tough match where both teams will score.

It does feel like we might be playing them at a good time though where they are missing a few players due to injuries (as are we) and their results have dropped despite them still playing well. 

If Pau and/or Konsa start I’ll feel more comfortable. Either way think we can win but the match could easily go pear shaped if we don’t try and nullify their strengths.

2-1 to the mighty claret and blue. UTV!

11 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Why? How do you know that we won't walk over them? The game at Villa Park was one of the most one sided games I've ever been to.

23 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Why? How do you know that we won't walk over them? The game at Villa Park was one of the most one sided games I've ever been to.

They are a different team now and also they are at home. They are missing a few which might help but they are no pushovers.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

They have been held scoreless at home once in the league all season, and they haven't lost by more than two goals. I think people are getting carried away by their mid-week result.

• Like 1

We played them off the park for 80 minutes in the home game, it finished 3-1 but it was really more of a 4 or 5 nil match, Konsa literally gifted them their goal under no pressure.

They’ve definitely improved since then and their home ground is a bit of a leveller but if we do what we should, we should win, if Bailey’s on it again I reckon we win.

• Like 1