villa89

In flying form facing one of the worst teams in the league......live on sky.....away.....to a team who's best player was a complete turnip when he played for us........you know where this is going.........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Really need another 3 points here. Need to keep a buffer going into Spurs. 

Absolutely, By the time we play them the following week it could be a 9 pointer! 

Couple of good home wins against Brighton and Newcastle recently but I don't think they are capable of keeping our attackers at bay.  Our away form is pretty darn tootin' too.

Could be a good game live on Sky but expecting a win here.

Luton 2-4 Villa

• Like 2

Huge game now (arent they all) looking at previous seasons and teams around us it feels that 7 w

ins from 12 will do it but with games we have left it means Luton although a tough game have to be one of those wins

Team news big for both sides in terms of predictions as they have a few out and we are waiting on Pau news

Tight away win is where im sitting now 1-2

• Like 1

They will be difficult and will attack our Achilles heel defending corners.

But if Lokonga is out injured - we should be salivating around attacking Ross Barkley in the double pivot. Come on now.

• Like 1

Adebayo and Lokonga out vs ManCity, hope they are out against us too. 

Town boss Rob Edwards says that Daiki Hashioka and fellow defender Alfie Doughty after available for Tuesday night’s FA Cup fifth round tie at home to Manchester City.

Japan international Hashioka has been impressing in training recently and could be in line to feature for the first time since joining from Belgian side Sint-Truiden in January.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2024/february/hashioka-available-and-doughty-okay-for-city/

• Like 1

We all know set pieces are the threat so we have to control the game and keep them away from our box - easier said than done. 

Hopefully Pau is fit and gives us the control. Martinez then needs to come and claim everything off set pieces. 

• Like 1

I think, we are all aware, of our Achilles at set pieces.

I also think, Austin McPhee is hamstrung, by having our beacon in the box, out injured.

Trying to avoid, conceding corners might be a tactic, worth pursuing.

Aerial Balls do concern me, without Mings.

Don't often get score predictions correct, but said we'd win 2-1 at Fulham and beat Forest either 4-2 or 4-3. Therefore I'm going 0-5 to Villa 😄.

No, unfortunately it will be closer, but I think we will come out on top, 1-3. 🤞

• Like 2

As with the majority of Premier League games these days, the first goal is so important. They'll give it a go, be physical and try to take the game as deep as they can for a late onslaught.

The game at VP was bizarre and they were absolutely terrified, up to Villa to start strong and assert themselves.

So often in these games, an early goal sets us up for a good win. 
It means they have to come out, and we are so good at breaking with pace.
It also means that can't just sit deep and try and nick one from a corner!

I think we go at them like lunatics from the whistle and just try and swamp them early. I know Unai likes control, but an early goal (or 3) will give us so much control in these games.

17 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Marvelous Nakamba masterclass

He's been out injured for weeks, although seeing it's us he'll probably make a recovery