villa89

41 minutes ago, omariqy said:

They are a different team now and also they are at home. They are missing a few which might help but they are no pushovers.

No I get all that. The other poster said we won't walk all over them. Like as if that isn't a possibility.

We walked all over Man City a couple of months ago.

Edited by turvontour

Fed up with listening to other  teams moaning about their injuries. Never hear Unai moan about this, its part of football. 

Even without all these players available, I still cant see anything but a Villa win today 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Luton have quite a few out injured. Lokonga, Adebayo, Osho and Andersen are all out with Bell and Joe Johnson being assessed. It will still be a tricky game imo, but their injury issues are good for us. 

Mate of mine at work is a Luton fan - he's particularly worried about their defence.  Apparently they have no centre backs available 😐 

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mate of mine at work is a Luton fan - he's particularly worried about their defence.  Apparently they have no centre backs available 😐 

That bodes for us. However I hope we don’t underestimate them. Their pitch is quite narrow and I’m worried it could impact our build up. It was interesting that Emery focused on us winning our duels too. I do think we’ll win but to quote Emery we need to respect them

Luton had 29% possession when they played us earlier in the season, but they've started having a lot more possession recently, that stat will be closer today. They will try to keep the ball.

I think that suits us because in playing this style they push players up which leaves space in behind, Haaland exploited that midweek. Bailey and Watkins should get lots of opportunities today. 

I'm hoping Ramsey gets a long overdue goal today, he's been looking more dangerous in recent weeks so hopefully that goal comes today. 

• Like 2

No doubt Barkely will be humming "I remember when!" in the changing room, thinking of his problems at Villa, and being determined to put it right.

They are in the bottom-three and remembering recent history, it looks like a possible banana-skin.

On the positive side Luton had a very tough game on Tuesday and have had less recovery-time than Villa.

Watkins has the pace to exploit their lack thereof at the back, but who is going to provide the assists?

Good Villa need to turn up or it's red-faces all round.

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

No doubt Barkely will be humming "I remember when!" in the changing room, thinking of his problems at Villa, and being determined to put it right.

They are in the bottom-three and remembering recent history, it looks like a possible banana-skin.

On the positive side Luton had a very tough game on Tuesday and have had less recovery-time than Villa.

Watkins has the pace to exploit their lack thereof at the back, but who is going to provide the assists?

Erm, Bailey, McGinn, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey. Only five very good midfield players there supporting Watkins. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

We all know whst Barkley cam do if we let him. But he's not the most mobile player and doesn't track back.

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yep it will be a real tough game. A draw wouldn't be a disaster but puts more pressure on the Spurs game. I'd rather draw and get all players through unscathed in some dull 1-1 and have everyone primed for Spurs rather than some life or death 4-3 pyrrhic victory and lose three more players to injury and pick up a load of bookings before Spurs. 

A draw wouid be a bad result for us. I know we can't take them lightly but they have injuries lost at home to the team we thrashed 5-0 the week before and have conceded 10 goals in the lsst two games. We have to win games like this 

• Like 4

Reading a few doubts in this thread/reasons why today may be difficult and they are all pretty easily debunked.

Luton are a different side at home to the one who we played at VP. They have won just 3 of 13 at home and lost 8. 

The atmosphere at Kenilworth Road will play a big part. It holds just over 10k and we'll have 1500 of those. Our lads will have played in far more hostile places.

The pitch is narrow which will impact how we play. Well yes the pitch is narrow at 66m compared to VP which is 68m. However it is 1m wider than Craven Cottage where we won two weeks ago with a very good performance.

Ross Barkley will be well up for this and will be a danger. Facts are Ross Barkley would struggle to make our bench and would get nowhere near a starting 11 top 6 side. He has done okay this season but in 20 games has 3 goals and 3 assists.

I have watched Luton a fair bit this season and they have given some very good sides a decent game. I can't see anything other than a comfortable win here for us though. I think they'll have a real go at us which will play into our hands and they'll leave themselves open and we have more than enough to exploit that. I'm going for a win by at least 3 goals for us. 

• Like 4

With all the injuries to their defence it will very disappointing if we don’t beat 3rd from bottom Luton.

• Like 2

2-3 to the mighty Villa today. Defending set  pieces will continue to be our Achilles heel but a cheeky Ollie brace plus a Ginny special will see us claim all 3 points. UTV. COYVB. 

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Ross Barkley will be well up for this and will be a danger. Facts are Ross Barkley would struggle to make our bench and would get nowhere near a starting 11 top 6 side. He has done okay this season but in 20 games has 3 goals and 3 assists.

Expect that to change today. If Luton have any chance of staying up they need to pick up points at home especially. They'll definitely see this as an opportunity and so they should. Tough game. Hope I'm watching MOTD later.

• Like 1

We've not won at Kenilworth Road for over 32 years.  We've lost 9 of the last 11 away matches against Luton.  Hopefully, more records for Unai to break! 

• Like 1

Feels like a draw day to be honest unless Konsa starts in my mind. Just because there's a real opportunity to put United in a hole when they lose to City and the Sports Gods aren't that gracious.

54 minutes ago, allani said:

We've not won at Kenilworth Road for over 32 years.  We've lost 9 of the last 11 away matches against Luton.  Hopefully, more records for Unai to break! 

When did we last play there?