Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I’m not blaming the ref for us being 0-1 down, but was he not wrong to award the free kick? 

He was wrong, yes.

It depends how you see refereeing. He was wrong, but it wasn’t a terrible decision. I can absolutely see why he gave it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Arsenal fans appear to have been right then… not great at the moment really. All a bit poor. Think part of me blames the players more, but some of this has to be on the coaching as well. 2 months of rubbish now. Where do we go from here? 

We've been the better team as far as I can tell.

Edited by adw95

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lol no he absolutely doesn't. Not everything is a conspiracy against Villa.

He has won one pretty much like that against us!! He was going away from the goal... ref gave him a penalty.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Mad to go on that home run to potentially then lose 3 on the bounce.

Ill be shocked if we dont score though, they’re here for the taking.

They were there for the taking at OT and we still managed to balls it up. We need to raise the intensity in games. Playing slow is for when your in the lead. 

Our biggest problem recently other than a crap defence is starting games too slow. If you look at every game we've excelled it's been through starting quickly. It's a problem and needs rectifying.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I’m not blaming the ref for us being 0-1 down, but was he not wrong to award the free kick? 

Casemiro one on Cash was pretty much identical, Kamara didn't get booked at least which would've restricted him.

The offside should've been called for sure as the assistant has tended to put his flag up quickly today for their attacks.

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Sky Sports surprisingly mention that the free kick leading to the corner was not a free kick and that the corner was caused by an offside Man U player influencing the play. Will cheats prosper?

Roy Keane said it shouldn’t have been a free kick but they just moved on without acknowledgment .

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The ref giving that foul and the Lino not giving offside is literally the reason it’s 1-0. It’s terrible officiating. 

Well if we want to be brutally honest, Villa should’ve done a better job at defending the corner. I don’t disagree it was offsides and shouldn’t have been given but Villa defending did more to give up that goal than the refs.

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I used to like this ref. No clue why I did.

He used to be good! The Premier League has ruined him, like the rest of their referee muppet show.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

You watching the same game!? They've down sod all apart from that goal. We've been by far the better team after their goal and had a shitload of chances.

But we haven’t scored! So no we shouldn’t  be 2-1 up. 

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

"Noting" yes, but have a look at what people here write. 

We were complete shit until they scored. We're down because of our own doing.

Agreed with last sentence.    And yes, complaints about the ref are OTT in thematch thread.  But so are complaints aobut kamara, carlos, jj, cash, emery, etc. etc.   We are losing becuase of our own mistakes.  but saying the ref hasn't made mistakes too, is a bridge too far.  I don't think you are the problem.  In fact this conversation started because you said that a call you first said was right, you realized was wrong.... it was.  But you're not the problem in the match thread. You're one of the saner voices.  (i would like to think that's me too, but.... who knows)

• Thanks 1