Ratings & Reactions: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/24 at 23:59

Bad day at the office for all. Felt like we needed a system change quite early on as we were so disjointed but we don't seem to have a plan B. Which is kinda concerning. 

The box midfield we try and utilise just doesn't work very well without being able to distribute the ball out of the back with purpose. 

Teams seem to really focus on covering passing lanes against us now and it feels like we have no midfield.

• Like 1

We are the top flight team with a non league record in this cup..

67 **** years and counting.

And another woeful embarrassment on telly.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

But they weren't even that good. No way have they turned that corner.

Custard bowl knobbers will be laughing there bollocks off!

They were excellent. Take your Villa goggles off. Wanted it more, kept possession, played quickly, made incisive passes and took their chances. We did none of that. Only one team in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Would you rather give it to Matty Cash or Boubacar Kamara?

I'd personally give it to Watkins, he looked like the only one that give a sh*t.

Pleased Diaby got a goal though, hopefully gives him a much needed lift.

Very poor perfornance which was far too passive and we only seemed to have a go when the game was lost which mirrored the Newcastle game.

I appreciate it worked vs Man City at home but i don't like the balance of our midfield and personally would have one of Diary or Ramsey in for Tielemans.

McGinn on the left looked very poor and we seemed to miss his combativeness centrally.

Lots for Emery to do. UTV!

Eerily similar to the Newcastle game and worryingly so, hoping this isn’t becoming endemic.

Tactically, I don’t really get what we’re aiming to do off the ball in terms of winning it back, it’s a half press at best and easy to play through and around.

Individually it was appalling really, just a litany of bad decisions and errors all over the park, impossible to pick a man of the match cos they were all poor but Tielemans got progressively worse and it’s a mystery he stayed on as long as he did, Kamara had a shocking first half, Moreno was poor, as was Carlos, Cash and McGinn.

Its obviously hurting us missing all three of our ‘first choice’ centre backs, I’m not feeling too enthusiastic about Sunday tho now.

Special mention for being truly baffled with just 4 minutes of injury time, the ball was hardly in play for the last 15 minutes of the 90.

• Like 1

Subs made far far too late. Teilemens should have been off at half time, game was far to quick for him.

We were poor, not helped by every ricochet falling in their favour, and every 50 50 being awarded to them.

Almost glad we went out due to being the least of the 3 competitions.

Disappointed but not devastated due to the lack of shape and aggression from our team for a lot of that game.

We never seem to play mediocre. We're either mustard or absolutely outclassed. No middle ground. 

• Like 2

Horrible performance and game lost in the first half. Pleased Diaby got one, hopefully he can kick on. Ramsey looking much better, young Tim useful when he came on. Might be time to shuffle the pack in midfield and I wouldn’t mind Kesler getting a game in front of Cash on Sunday - I think he’s a goner now. If Luiz and Kamara aren’t on it then the whole teams folds like cotton sheets. McGinn played like his foot was the enemy tonight. 

Obviously very poor tonight. Kamara was particularly sloppy.

Concerned with our inability to play through the lines and the overall tempo of our play. We're looking too pedestrian are too slow to engage teams. 

Some players looked like they had more than half an eye on Sunday.

Oh well...

Â