Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

There is no "And ?"

Premier League is a reason why he would leave Leverkusen. I am not saying he will join us, or even that we want him, however.

Misinterpreted your post 👍 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ender4 said:

Someone like Chelsea could buy him from Chelsea for £150m.

It's utter genius. The best way around FFP and totally full proof. 

You bank the £150m sales money straight into this year's accounts and spread the £150m acquisition money over the course of his contract. 

If things start to get sticky next year just sell him to yourselves again. 

It's a win win situation. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's utter genius. The best way around FFP and totally full proof. 

You bank the £150m sales money straight into this year's accounts and spread the £150m acquisition money over the course of his contract. 

If things start to get sticky next year just sell him to yourselves again. 

It's a win win situation. 

Is this an ‘inverted Ponzi’ scheme?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

No disrspect to them but we need to work on the basis that Lille would be one of the weaker standard of teams if we qualified for the CL....and we were pretty evenly matched last week. Need to plan for that. 

I think RB is our clear priority. Cash becomes backup. Squad would be v healthy then.

After that just avoiding as many injuries would strengthen us. Plus replacing anyone we sell.

Agree that RB is a priority, probably alongside another CDM.

Don't agree that Cash becomes back up - at this point he is as sellable as he will ever be, so it's time to move him on. He's coming up to 27, and hopefully will get games at the world cup. 
Transfermarkt.com have Cash valued at around £25m. For FFP,  given his contract extension, he is probably worth about £5m in our books now - £20m profit would be very nice. 

IF (big IF) we get a new RB, we still have Kosta to come in (£7m!) plus Konsa can clearly do a good job there. 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

And ? He’s part of history now being part of a potentially invincible team, he’s only 22 and can easily see him staying there for another season and then he’ll have his pick no doubt of the top tier elite teams. He also isn’t what we need right now IMO based on other more pressing positions. 

I can see us going for Sergi Roberto whose contract is a most up bit think they’ve got a year option. Versatile, vastly experienced, cheap and we have Kosta, Konsa, Cash & KHH so why spend £40mill on another one ? 

He scored the winning goal in that mad Barca v PSG game, where Barca came back from 4-0 down in the 1st leg to win 6-5 on aggregate.  Guess who was PSG manager 🤣

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Well Goldstein on Talksport said Emery 100% would go to Man Utd if they came for him in the summer so the delusion the Man Utd fans have.  They really think it’s just a matter of time before they are the dominant force again in the league.  I know they are the biggest club in the world-ish but the level of arrogance…I just hate them.

His job is to get engagement in the show and in youtube clips. He's doing his job by saying outlandish things. 

Emery will likely leave for Madrid or Barcelona at some point. I think he will certainly see out all of next season with us. After that we move into the territory of "who knows"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Let’s get Cole Palmer!

I think Morgan Rogers could end up, like that,  just needs more games and Unai's tutelage.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Don't agree that Cash becomes back up - at this point he is as sellable as he will ever be, so it's time to move him on. He's coming up to 27, and hopefully will get games at the world cup. 
Transfermarkt.com have Cash valued at around £25m. For FFP,  given his contract extension, he is probably worth about £5m in our books now - £20m profit would be very nice. 

IF (big IF) we get a new RB, we still have Kosta to come in (£7m!) plus Konsa can clearly do a good job there. 

Thats fair. I was thinking he's a known quantity on the bench but equally - if selling is required to balance the books - that makes sense. Could add Digne to that equation give age/salary (despite being excellent this year)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Agreed. I think its time to move Cash on. Cheers Matty and all that.

Konsa is a better right back and we need him as a centre half. Kosta looks like he could be an absolute baller, so get another senior guy in to smooth the transition and cover.

And yes, the other priority is definitely cover for Kamara.

• Like 2

It's going to be hard to fill all aspects of criteria, in the future rounds of transfers, we have to consider the following:

• We have academy starlets all looking for a pathway in to the first team, and we have to show, prospective new young talent, there is such a thing
  • Where we have arrived at 4th, it's a hard place to improve from but we need the following:
    • more consistency
    • bigger squad depth
    • younger age profile
  • We are balancing FFP so value for money is paramount, that's tricky, with the other criteria.
  • Birmingham is not the most attractive destination to live.

However, the attractive bits to new prospects are:

• Unai Emery and his team, with the keys to the castle
  • The Exponential rise of the teams fortunes
  • European Football
  • Team full of Internationals
  • Full house every home game
  • Resourceful, committed and ambitious owners.
  • The worlds best Goal Keeper.
  • Club stability.
  • Fabulous Training facilities.

Edited by TRO

Not sure we are buying another right back unless we intend to sell Matty. We’ve got Kosta Nedeljkovic back from his loan in the summer, don’t forget. 

Edited by The_Steve

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not sure we are buying another right back unless we intend to sell Matty. We’ve got Kosta Nedeljkovic back from his loan in the summer, don’t forget. 

do you know, how he has been fairing?

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

do you know, how he has been fairing?

Been out for the past 6-7 weeks with a knee injury but if it was that serious I’d imagine he would have been recalled 

• Thanks 1

I am sufficiently nourished by Unai and his teams work as a whole.....That I will just sit back and enjoy, the Summer transfer business, in the knowledge, we are in good hands.

Rarely before, have I felt like that, Maybe, Graham T and the 2 Ronnies.......but now, I just rock back in my chair, with my clay pipe.....and let him get on with it.

He is, that good.

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We've no idea if he will be in the 1st team or not, he will likely be loaned out again.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

We've no idea if he will be in the 1st team or not, he will likely be loaned out again.

Maybe. I wouldn’t be surprised but spending £8m on a prospect might mean game time especially as he European experience. But he won’t be rushed either way. 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think he's rated highly but we'll see. If not starter then at least competing for it.

5 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Agreed now is the time to sell... 4.74m is his book value in the summer

• Like 1

Â