Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We always seem to be linked with Ceballos from Real Madrid - I wonder if wed go back in for him - If we ever were in for him ? 

I think we need an injection of quality in midfield for a CL campaign......... 

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what about Fernandes?

Bruno Fernandes?

You know what, I do dislike him immensely...But In Unai Emery we trust, right?

However, I saw his statistics: he has more goal involvements than any player this season; rarely injured and still only 29 years old. Fernandes is also doing this in the worst Manure team in about thirty-five years which is incredible!

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 18:26, Philosopher said:

Ndidi's form in the prem last season before was poor. Plus he's injury prone, and a bit small. So he gets a no from me. But Hermoso yes please.

oh no.jpg

12 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Would love Ugarte - he looks like what a CDM should in my book.

Not sure about that one. 

Screenshot_2024-05-13-09-56-03-51_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow champions league is confirmed and we can go after the signings based on that CL budget.

We will pull the trigger on someone quickly, might take a little longer with others due to the euros 

14 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Ugarte on loan is a great shout. Danilo from there is out of contract this summer so that could be an option or if he stays on, could push Ugarte out even more.

I was reading an article that predicted this summer would see more frugal spending like the last window. However they stated that after every Euros/WC a few players earn themselves big moves which has a domino effect so teams like PSG with big squads will need to balance the books (a little) by offloading some players on loan. 

I agree on Ugarte, possibly loan to buy. We could do much worse. 
With Hermoso as well, we’d have got what we mostly need, then we could think who might upgrade the squad or first team. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I agree on Ugarte, possibly loan to buy. We could do much worse. 
With Hermoso as well, we’d have got what we mostly need, then we could think who might upgrade the squad or first team. 

If we were able to get Ugarte, Hermoso and Dumfries then anything else is just cherry on the top with all the players that are due back come pre season. With CL confirmed I think they’re all realistic targets and wouldn’t blow the budget 

34 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

If we were able to get Ugarte, Hermoso and Dumfries then anything else is just cherry on the top with all the players that are due back come pre season. With CL confirmed I think they’re all realistic targets and wouldn’t blow the budget 

I'm with you 100% on the first 2 but I think Dumfries would struggle massively in the prem. The pace/intesity is greater and his positioning isn't great. Also think as as he gets older, he won't be able to rely on his pace to save him so I'd rather we didn't offer up the £25m+ that it will need to get him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

I'm with you 100% on the first 2 but I think Dumfries would struggle massively in the prem. The pace/intesity is greater and his positioning isn't great. Also think as as he gets older, he won't be able to rely on his pace to save him so I'd rather we didn't offer up the £25m+ that it will need to get him.

Fair call. Frimpong it is then lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I didn’t think that was how release clauses worked? 

Release clauses are mandatory for every player in Spanish football. That doesn't stop clubs selling them for less.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I didn’t think that was how release clauses worked? 

Pau Torres had a €60m release clause too, doesn't mean people are willing to pay it 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah cool thanks, so it’s sort of like setting a maximum value for a player? That seems a bit odd, but fair enough. 

It's standard practice in La Liga, it's why the likes of Messi had a £1billion+ release clause, nobody will pay it.

Â