Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really liked watching Haraldsson, he found pockets of space beyond our midfield nicely and on another night could've had a couple of assists.

Only 20 and Lille signed him for around 10m from Copenhagen last summer so guess he's already in 30-40m bracket but would be an interesting one to target I think.

Thought he was very good yes.

The sort of player we should be signing from Copenhagen mind, not Lille for quadruple.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, thabucks said:

The new stop of Ferdi Kadıoğlu, whose name is also mentioned with Manchester City and Arsenal, has been announced. Aston Villa, one of the Premier League teams, darkened his eyes for the national football player.

Sounds like we sent the heavies around for the  ‘negotiations’ 😳

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really liked watching Haraldsson, he found pockets of space beyond our midfield nicely and on another night could've had a couple of assists.

Only 20 and Lille signed him for around 10m from Copenhagen last summer so guess he's already in 30-40m bracket but would be an interesting one to target I think.

Agreed. Looked sharp on the ball, surprisingly strong and made things happen. Bit like Buendia? He’s the sort of player that you could see going to a slightly unfashionable PL club and ripping it up. 

• Like 1

Barkley and Ndidi available on frees in the summer. We need depth in centre midfield. If we can ditch Sanson and The Donk, I would take both of those. I would also throw some cash at a young up and coming 6/8 too. We are so light in centre midfield compared to all of our competition.

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Barkley and Ndidi available on frees in the summer. We need depth in centre midfield. If we can ditch Sanson and The Donk, I would take both of those. I would also throw some cash at a young up and coming 6/8 too. We are so light in centre midfield compared to all of our competition.

Not sure if Barkley would come back tbh but I can't imagine wages being an issue. He's proven this season he can cut it at this level so I'd have him back without doubt. Sure he'll have a fair few suitors though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Barkley? You having a laugh? 😅

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Not sure if Barkley would come back tbh but I can't imagine wages being an issue. He's proven this season he can cut it at this level so I'd have him back without doubt. Sure he'll have a fair few suitors though.

I'd still be very cautious that it's not just been a season like Lingard's at West Ham.  The way he gave up when he was on loan at us was pretty inexcusable.

• Like 4

On 12/04/2024 at 00:39, Tomaszk said:

The sort of player we should be signing from Copenhagen mind, not Lille for quadruple.

Not always that simple mind. Some players are clever enough to choose their path so they can maximise playing time and continue to develop before bigger moves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

i think you need a drug and alcohol test mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/04/2024 at 00:31, VillaChris said:

Agree. Really stood out.

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think you need a drug and alcohol test mate.

Ha ha. I understand the reticence towards Barkley but surely you agree that Ndidi would be a good pick up. He’s still quite young and can play 6/8. The Leicester fans love him. We are so light in centre midfield and with FFP hitting hard, Ndidi on a free has to be given some consideration.

On 12/04/2024 at 01:39, Tomaszk said:

This

Would rather we went for bardghji for £20m than the guy they moved on previously for £30-40m

Not sure we need a 3rd striker, but if we make the Champs League would anyone take Welbeck on a free on a 1/2 year option? Very experienced player who would be a good influence on the squad, still has a goal in him and would mean we could fully rest Watkins at times and give more minutes to Duran with Welbeck as another option. Welbeck's link up play and defensive contribution is also decent 

The Haraldsson guy looked decent, but hardly a game changer for us and plays in a position we have a lot of options. Our budget is going to be seriously limited unless we sell off crucial players and selling any of them and replacing them with guys like Haraldsson (or Jonathan David for that matter) is almost certainly taking an immediate step backwards.

Outside of RB and DM, it's sell to buy, so any big money suggestions really need to be better than the guys in those positions already imo.

39 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Not sure we need a 3rd striker, but if we make the Champs League would anyone take Welbeck on a free on a 1/2 year option? Very experienced player who would be a good influence on the squad, still has a goal in him and would mean we could fully rest Watkins at times and give more minutes to Duran with Welbeck as another option. Welbeck's link up play and defensive contribution is also decent 

I really like Welbeck but probably wouldn't take him here tbh.

56 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Could do worse on a free for sure. 

Â