Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

One or two links again to Mario Hermoso in the Spanish press earlier, who could be a useful addition. Who knows how true they are but it ticks some boxes that would lead you to believe there could be something in it. 

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

:"Him coming back will be like a new signing" :D 

Crikey, i really hope we can offload him in the summer.

Poor Dendoncker. Signed on deadline day in a panic to replace Douglas Luiz and then that deal didn’t get done. Which is also why sometimes when we say “get our business done before we sell players and leave ourselves short” it doesn’t quite work!

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

:"Him coming back will be like a new signing" :D 

What a surprise.  This was a strange loan move if they weren’t going to use him. Maybe dodgy agents.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What a surprise.  This was a strange loan move if they weren’t going to use him. Maybe dodgy agents.

They changed manager recently

On 23/03/2024 at 09:35, Teale's 'tache said:

Where Grealish is concerned I just see too many barriers in the way of that transfer happening.

From his point of view he'd have to make a lot of concessions i.e. a massive drop in wages, understanding he wouldn't be the main man (that's Emery now), he wouldn't be captain, nor the focal point of how we play. His dream return it would not be.

Financially, to us, it would be a massive risk and I don't see us taking those kinds of risks, especially in the current climate.

From a footballing point of view, he's still got plenty of quality and I've no doubt Emery would be able to extract the best out of him, where we are going we do need quality players, but it has to be the right fit. I think we have more pressing matters than his position or skillset and that's where our budget should be going.

Agreed👍. He is one of our own though and if he really wants to show that, and finish his career winning things at his club, then a move back home should appeal more than those concessions.

His Citeh move did give him several medals, a healthy bank balance and consistent England call-ups. His England squad place is now open to question again though and future medals will be won as a squad player, rather than as a regular first team starter. I wouldn't be shocked if Jack is now looking at us and thinking: 

Theres No Place Like Home Red Shoes GIF - Theres No Place Like Home Red  Shoes Sparkling Shoes - Discover & Share GIFs 

12 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Poor Dendoncker. Signed on deadline day in a panic to replace Douglas Luiz and then that deal didn’t get done. Which is also why sometimes when we say “get our business done before we sell players and leave ourselves short” it doesn’t quite work!

How are you reporting this as fact? It's not at all provable that this was the case. Pretty sure Gerrard bought him for depth as cover for Luiz and/or McGinn in the roles Gerrard was deploying them. This was long before Kamara came in remember.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

How are you reporting this as fact? It's not at all provable that this was the case. Pretty sure Gerrard bought him for depth as cover for Luiz and/or McGinn in the roles Gerrard was deploying them. This was long before Kamara came in remember.

I agree but it wasn't before Kamara came in, we signed him after Kamara.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I agree but it wasn't before Kamara came in, we signed him after Kamara.

Jaysis, so we did! Apologies to the OP, could've sworn he (Kamara) came in after Gerrard's time. Shows what direction my senile memory is going. 

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

I’m reporting it because I remember having the conversations on the day when we signed Dendoncker and Arsenal were upping their bid for Dougie at £5m a pop and he was expected to move. It was all happening on the same deadline day and hanging on to DL was the best business we did that window.

Philogene left because he was only likely to be a bit part player, as was behind Bailey, Diaby, Zaniolo, and Ramsey, if he was going to be one of the main rotation players then I'm pretty sure he would have stayed, and if we were to offer him that now good chance he would come back, he's not going to go to any Premier League team and be guaranteed starter. But whether we would want him back is another question, we will still have Bailey, Diaby, Ramsey, Buendia, and Rogers next season, and if we reach Champions League if we were to sign another forward option might want someone more proven at an higher level than is Philogene, it might be a case of buying him back, but to sell on for a profit

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do not expect us to sign Zaniolo. Hasn’t done anywhere near enough for me.

Huh? He's played for Italy mate.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Huh? He's played for Italy mate.

Donkety Donk has played/plays for Belgium.

Zaniolo may get in the Italy squad.

Coutinho had played for Brazil while he was fit and with us.

Olsen is a Swedish international.

Would you want to keep any of them in the summer?

Â