Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

Get Zani, Carlos & Bailey on at HT. 

Hook Lenglet, Kamara & Diaby. 

If that happens I’ll upload a video of me eating my shoelaces 

• Haha 1

Our system has been found out unfortunately as every system does eventually. If you cannot get Tielemans Luiz Kamara and McGinn to dominate Longstaff Miley and Bruno then its not working 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So no team ever has come back from a two goal deficit according to some of the posts on here and just when things gets a lil tough just give up … that’s the spirit Villa fans. Have faith we will come back strong and if we don’t  then so be it. One game won’t define our season and we go again 

It’s not just tonight though is it, it’s the past 8 games or so at this point. We have been crap, injuries or not, there’s still no real excuse for not being able to attack or defend corners. 

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Jesus. Cash and Moreno need to stop ****-ing around and get the balls into the box. So tired of their diddling around out wide and losing the balls.

It's difficult to cross the ball into the box when there's 4 or 5 Newcastle players in the way. 

4 minutes ago, JB said:

What the hell has happened to us? We don’t seem to play with any real game plan, particularly in attack. 

Shape....game plan....composure....pretty much everything!

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Luck " ?

I reckon missing instrumental players plays a role too.

Pau Torres is a bigger miss than I once thought.

I genuinely feel we still have the talent to play better but need some tweaking.

I'd chuck  Zaniolo on.

Shame Duran is injured as well, we need some power and a different dimension.

I don’t think Torres coming back in is going to magically turn everything around. I think teams have wised up to our tactics and we need to re invent ourselves.

• Like 1

I actually think Villa had been playing fairly well bar the final ball until falling asleep for a moment on a set piece and a bit of bad luck in quick succession.  All this talk of playing terrible and being found out is a bit over the top.

• Confused 1

Newcastle were low on confidence but no they are smooth sailing. Don’t see how we are going get anything here unless Unai really is a magician.

Ollie absolutely isolated like the last few matches.