Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson

Pongo Waring

The higlights are odd and I can't tell whether he really is just super talented or everything is happening in slow motion. He barely looks to have to make much of an effort.

4 hours ago, Anything11 said:

The higlights are odd and I can't tell whether he really is just super talented or everything is happening in slow motion. He barely looks to have to make much of an effort.

A lot of it is played on plastic pitches which makes the ball behave a bit different. Obviously not while in the air.

Strange link for me. I’d love him at Villa because he’s Icelandic but he’s not that good with the ball at his feet. Has potential and of course they can train that aspect with him because he’s young.

Think this link is bullshit.

Does his team play progressive from the back football and have highly talented players who find pockets of space for him to find them in? Does his manager want him to be a ball playing GK or first and foremost just a shot stopper ? Does he shit himself every time the ball is played back to him or is he calm ? Is any of that reflected  in the stats ? Could it be something he can work on daily with the GK coach and Emery ?

Edited by thabucks

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Does his team play progressive from the back football and have highly talented players who find pockets of space for him to find them in? Does his manager want him to be a ball playing GK or first and foremost just a shot stopper ? Does he shit himself every time the ball is played back to him or is he calm ? Is any of that reflected  in the stats ? Could it be something he can work on daily with the GK coach and Emery ?

50/50

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You look at the transformation of Martinez that happened here. He was far from a ball playing GK, and early on in our transition he was questionable under pressure and not great at short passing. The "goalkeeping" part of his game has always been exceptional, but the playing out has developed over time. 

If we've found a youth keeper that looks like he has the goalkeeping potential of Emi, then its worth £2m to see if we can develop his short passing like we did with Emi.

Started reading comments about his passing and was about to post pretty much exactly this ☝️

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

TalkingTactics pretending he watches Serbian football, Boro and Icelandic football all in the space of a week. 

Or pretending he is a scout who has access to WyScout so he can watch whoever he wants, whenever he wants. 

• Haha 1

Â